Iceman Gay

It seems your bending over backwards to take these out of context panels from a not yet published comic, that’s part of a not yet finished story as litterally as humanly possible.

Asside from that there’s been persistent rumors of major marvel character coming out for months. Along with (supposed) reassurances that it would actually be an important character, not be an alternate version, and would be perminant from people at marvel.

And marvels in the midst of a continuity clean up that’s going to involve a lot of retconning and shuffling of different character versions into their “main” story lines.

So I think it’ll be fine when you see the whole thing finished out.

1 Like

‘getting’

True that! The fluidity of sex, gender, attraction, roles, etc makes identifying with any of them mostly inaccurate and a waste of time. Which one of you is running the show now? And which of the other person is running it there with them? See, you can’t say with any certainty what kind of relationship it is! So I think gay/straight is a false dichotomy. But this need not dissuade those who find it meaningful.

1 Like

Came here for the first three replies. Was not disappoint.

1 Like

I’m really not. The entire comic leaked, not just those panels in the linked story. There is no other way to take “I am ‘full gay’, but future me is not gay both confirmed by a mindreader” as anything other than short-sighted tone-deafness. I wasn’t and am not saying it’s offensive or they’re pushing some kind of agenda - I just think it’s a standard ‘out’ for keeping the status-quo that they didn’t think through before applying it to a sexual orientation given that it is a very politically charged perspective on hetero/homo.

I’m quite aware of the looming Secret Wars, which even if it turns out to be a bad event has been amazing in allowing a whole bunch of experimentation on established characters in the lead-up due to promised continuity outs it offers. Maybe Past-Iceman has actually been pulled from an alternate dimension? Maybe Future-Iceman gets erased in the Wars? Either way, the reveal as presented in the comic and within its context of the storyline as it exists up to this point is tone-deaf to its implication that full-gay can be transformed to straight, and that in itself is problematic because any further development to the story - even though a resolution will have already be planned - will then be seen as backpedaling on what has, naturally, blown up in social media due its current context, not a future context still to be created that cannot be viewed from now.

Definitely not.

Signed,
Jon

3 Likes

I’m afraid I just blue myself.

3 Likes

Honey, where’s my supersuit???

Like there was any doubt about that Iceman! :stuck_out_tongue:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.