Ideal Boy, An: Charts from India

Ha, there it is! I knew about the Adarsh Balak parody series before I saw the real ones. One of my favorite facebook pages and twitter feeds!

2 Likes

No friend, disposable cellulose sheets reinforced with extra surface carbon!

2 Likes

13 Likes

A cation (+) (/ˈkæt.aɪ.ən/ KAT-eye-ən), from the Greek word κατά (katá), meaning “down”,[11] is an ion with fewer electrons than protons, giving it a positive charge.

Noting to see here, move on !

4 Likes

Aw, and here I was boiling up a flask of Ammonium :wink:

3 Likes

I have to admit my limitations in English and chemistry doesn’t help me to get that joke.
But thanks anyway !

3 Likes

@ActionAbe gets it. Maybe I shouldn’t reference him… But I’m sure he could explain the situation better than me.

1 Like

A friend brought some from India once. I think they are still in the flat we shared years ago, e.g. on the wall of the loo. Ah, the times I sat there contemplating the recommendations of wash hands, brush up teeth…

The “helps others” and “takes part in social activities” was our favorite. We used to drop this into conversations, if appropriate. Ok, most times it wasn’t, but anyways, we shared a look and knew what was meant.

2 Likes

That list of Great Philosophers has one glaring omission!

4 Likes

Sounds a bit like the scout handbook. That’s a common memebase, that people build upon in remote, weirdly-connected communities.

3 Likes

“Weirdly-connected communities” is exactly was this shared flat was.

You could come home at two in the morning to find one of your flatmates sitting in the comfy armchair in the kitchen, with a glass of red wine, smoking and nibbling on some dark chocolate, his broadsword on his knees. Then, he would grin broadly and declare “I killed the cricket living in the wall next to my bed tonight!” (The cricket had went astray while feeding the geckos in the bathroom some weeks earlier.)

Those posters, I tell you, were not remotely the weirdest thing in this flat.

5 Likes

This is the BBS. We live for wonderful things. Which includes things that make you wonder…

3 Likes

Ha, those are good, thanks!

Adult version?

11 Likes

“Taking the lost children to the police post”

If there had been more Ideal Boys around then the movie Lion couldn’t have been made!

3 Likes

That second one looks like the same person who did the artwork for the most recent Wilco album (Joan Cornella):

7 Likes

Ah yes, no doubt!

5 Likes

Great album (can’t believe I had to miss seeing them, when it turns out I didn’t have to).

I’d love to hang a few of these posters next to my photography and nasa pics.

5 Likes

Boys (and girls) less than ideal en Español:

4 Likes

That really sucks. You would have enjoyed all of it.

3 Likes

It is.

Cornellà is awesome. I love how much he disturbs me.

7 Likes