Idiot carves his and his girlfriend's initials into the Roman Colosseum (video)

I mean… weren’t they considering projecting advertisements on the moon? * “moonvertising” was a hoax, but Mary Lou Jepsen proved you could do it.*
In the name of timeless love! Still, you’d think the person would regret this expression of love more than a bad tattoo if (when) they break up.

2 Likes

Been there. It’s humbling.

2 Likes

really, they’ve been looking for an excuse to break up already. defacing the colosseum hadn’t been on the list, but you work with what you’ve got

i love the automatic conclusion that it was the man was the one who made this choice, and carved the names up there.

ah, gendered assumptions

1 Like

Apart from the video showing the man scratching on the wall, do you think he was unable to make the choice to not deface a world heritage site?

1 Like
1 Like

i didn’t realize there was video.

Area 51 Aliens GIF by Sky HISTORY UK

What is a strange assumption, though, is that they don’t know who that is, yet apparently the woman is “his fiancée”. I don’t know if this is an Italian cultural bias, or whether the ministry actually knows more about the perpetrator than they let on, but it’s a weird conclusion to jump to.

3 Likes

Let’s not forget that while according to a quick Google Gennaro Sangiuliano does not appear to be one himself, he has agreed to serve in the cabinet of a fascist.

While I love to see heritage crime be met with consequences for once, this sort of “the foreigners disrespect our culture” rhetoric very much plays into their hands.

Just something to keep in mind when the perpetrator is eventually found and being made an example of.

That said, he absolutely should pay a fine in the tens of thousands of euros range. I don’t think jail is an appropriate punishment, but the threat of jail should hopefully keep him awake at night in the next few days.

4 Likes
3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.