Idiots in the UK risk their community for the sake of socialization and bouncy castles

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/11/idiots-in-the-uk-risk-their-co.html

6 Likes

Here in Dallas, the basketball hoops have been removed from all city parks, but there are still pick-up games going on using the backboards.

The parks are now closed for Easter weekend, but the walking trails are open, resulting in scenes like this.

You doofuses know you can just walk around the block, right?

13 Likes

That’s actually good news. Greater Manchester has a population of 2.8 million people, so 80 breaches per day means that even if each single breach would include 100 people (most likely the average is 5-10), every day 99,8% of the people are doing the right thing.

If you are truly interested, go and ask them. If you don’t call them idiots, you might even get a honest answer.

7 Likes

whats the problem? Florida Gov. DeSantis mulls reopening schools: Coronavirus ‘doesn’t seem to threaten’ kids https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/492152-florida-gov-desantis-says-coronavirus-doesnt-seem-to-threaten-kids-mulls

7 Likes

Also, the Cowboys QB has posted video of himself and some pals still practicing or rehearsing or whatever it is sportsballers do, so of course high-school players are now doing the same. The news story shows video of two players high-fiving, after which one of them immediately touches his face.

16 Likes

The local police? They’re pissed.

Locally, they are pissed off.
If you told a local policeperson they were pissed, you’d be accusing them of being under the influence of excessive amounts of alcohol, something to which they’d not take kindly, I’m sure.

@SeamusBellamy You probably didn’t realise how that would read to a local.
Two cultures divided by a common language, eh? :wink:

28 Likes

Not saying these idiots aren’t idiots, but beware the zoom lens. Although, some of these look too close together side-by-side unless they occupy the same household. For’ard and astern it may not be quite as bad as it looks.

https://www.cyclinguk.org/news/misleading-photos-prompt-press-complaints-cycling-uk

17 Likes

Can I assume you are being sarcastic? Please?

The link you posted shows DeSantis being an ignorant idiot, AFTER a 75-minute education session that he apparently slept through.

To point out just one problem, even if the virus didn’t threaten kids (it does), those kids go back home after school and hug Mummy and Daddy and Grandma.

17 Likes

Point taken; there have been numerous stories on this, however, and they really are too close together.

And thanks for the link; it’s easy to make assumptions.

5 Likes

Didn’t he flat-out say that no one under 25 had died? Demonstrably false and immediately debunked, but that’s never stopped any of Donny’s enablers.

18 Likes

He did, and it’s debunked right in the article. He also says he might consider reopening on a county-by-county basis, because the virus definitely respects county boundaries.

11 Likes

Neighbors behind us rented a bouncy house on the first day of shelter in place. We were a little scandalized at first, but it was pretty clearly just for the family (three kids).

11 Likes

It’ll take a lot of Clorox Wipes to clean that up.

6 Likes

What’s your concern about that scene? Looks like people are well spaced and getting exercise outside. I’ve seen no evidence that this sort of outdoor interaction is likely to spread COVID but it is likely to keep people otherwise healthy and able to sustain the social distancing and other sacrifices that actually do help prevent transmission.

8 Likes

I would think this would be considered desirable in the current circumstances, amirite?

3 Likes

You can say that again!

Yup. Sho 'nuf.

7 Likes

I get more than enough fresh air from the wind of righteous power that blows my hair back every time I seek out the few people breaking quarantine and proclaim them to be idiot scum.

We’re all in this together!

7 Likes

Indeed. You’re supposed to have consideration for their feelings by just pointing out that they’re tired and emotional.

4 Likes

No, not really

5 Likes

I was hoping I wouldn’t have to spell it out like this, but I was pretty sure it would happen anyway:

/S

4 Likes