Idle rich baffled by poor people's distaste for dangerous, low-paying jobs

Originally published at: Idle rich baffled by poor people's distaste for dangerous, low-paying jobs | Boing Boing

12 Likes

What’s disheartening is that, after more than a century, there are still plenty of temporarily embarrassed millionaires who nod along with the mantra that “nobody wants to work anymore”.

22 Likes

Hence “millionaires” (read: Big Business) working on elected officials to make up the labor shortfall by having children work however the cost to their lives.

12 Likes

Ah, the labor market. The only area of the economy where loud ignorance of how to draw a supply curve counts as a moral virtue rather than a risible deficiency.

17 Likes

Oh, they only move on to children after the incarcerated, undocumented, impoverished, and/or unpaid interns fail to meet their expectations.

15 Likes

Isn’t it weird how nobody has ever really wanted to work? Can’t think why …

11 Likes

17 Likes

Translated: Nobody want to be slave to poverty wage because they have no other choice.
This is basically the reason for no universal health care, diminishing upward mobility, skyrocket educational cost, and non-dischargeable student loan. These basically give people choice and bargain power to not be a serf in their goddamn fiefdom. They want everyone be desperate for the crumbs from their unearned wealth pie.
Fuck them and their bullshit. Pay your fucking tax.

9 Likes

The older I get, the more I wanna see 99% of billionaires nailed up by their faces on gigantic iron obelisks.

8 Likes

No matter how many times Tucker Carlson gets fired from his job, we will never get to see him in a tent on the sidewalk getting hassled by a cop :cry:

7 Likes

i’m not working right now!   :tada:

9 Likes

It’s extra weird because when you ask people their dreams, so many of them involve working. Running a pub or a bed and breakfast, writing or painting, maybe even starting a little company to make something. It’s almost as if people aren’t simply lazy and do want to contribute if you don’t make it miserable. :thinking:

18 Likes

Roger that!

5 Likes

Shit - I know I don’t want to work anymore.

10 Likes

I don’t even want to bang on a drum all day.

7 Likes

Animated GIF

10 Likes

13 Likes

Color me surprised that according to that survey 80% of executive leaders don’t agree with that statement. I mean, 20% is still way too high, but not as high as I expected from a group with so many sociopaths.

4 Likes

Work is so terrible that they have to PAY you to get you to show up every day.

5 Likes

Thread:

2 Likes