If you correctly guess the secret word on Slack you'll win $1,000

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/24/if-you-correctly-guess-the-sec.html

15 Likes

[Sheesh, that should’ve been easier to get to work as an actual gif. :angry:]

18 Likes

If they built a bot to monitor the channel, can I build a bot to submit entries?

Hypothetically speaking, of course. Obviously I do not have the skills to automate even the simplest tasks.

3 Likes

My favourite was the episode where the secret word was “What?” - and just before they broke for commercial Pee Wee encouraged the kids to go into their kitchen, grab pots & pans, and make a marching band all through the house. I fell over laughing at the image of kids doing just that on a Saturday morning, and having their parents come in and try to holler: “What are you doing?!” only to be greeted with real loud screams. Brilliant.

8 Likes

It was always a devious choice! I think this was Mr. Ruben’s way of reminding everyone that Pee Wee started as an adult comedy act. :wink:

9 Likes

I’m surprised it hasn’t happened already. In the first day would have been my guess.

(Or maybe it has, I didn’t check.)

2 Likes

My guess would be: gullible.

maybe they have an anti-bot bot.

Do they publish a proof of knowledge (hash of the answer plus a salt) at the start of the day and verify it at the end (by revealing the salt along with the answer)? If not, there’s no way to know if they’re fairly choosing in advance.

3 Likes

KPht

2 Likes

That’s nothing. Soupy Sales once encouraged kids to sneak into their parents bedroom and send him those green pieces of paper that they found in purses or wallets. Needless to say, he was off the air in no time flat.

Uncle Shelby’s ABZ Book

4 Likes

wtf, that would be trivially easy to automate. Someone must already have done it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.