If you do not carry this CO2 tire inflator with you on bike rides, it won't help when you have a flat

Originally published at: If you do not carry this CO2 tire inflator with you on bike rides, it won't help when you have a flat | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Lost interest when I saw that it’s not a weed pipe.

7 Likes

I thought we were trying to reduce CO2 emissions…

3 Likes

I always keep a similar CO2 inflator in my seat bag, now. A few years back I had my car stolen and, on the bike ride to the inconvenient impound lot the cops towed my car to when it was found, I rode over a piece of sharp metal that tore a big whole in the tube. I didn’t have either a pump or spare tube on me. As I sat at a gas station trying to figure out my many transportation problems, out of nowhere appeared a man with limited English and a big smile.

He looked at my bike and said he thought he had the right size tube at home. Not 5 minutes later he was back at the station with just the right tube. He would have given it to me for free and when I insisted on buying the tube he said ok he’d take $5. I gave him $10. One of those moments where my faith in people got a much needed boost

20 Likes

Thank you for supporting a local brick and mortar bike shop.

5 Likes

Not many things are, if you give up that easily.

9 Likes

Dude, I’m stoned, like back off Man…

6 Likes

FTW! :raised_hands:

Sentence.

Running or adjunct?

1 Like

Too bad there wasn’t a video showing how to use this. My interest is especially in how it handles Presta valves without letting all the pressure leak back out.

2 Likes

Concurrent!

1 Like

Or…

simultaneous

coincident

coinciding

contemporaneous

synchronous

parallel

side by side

coexisting

1 Like

Maybe it can use N₂O cartridges?

3 Likes

I’d “whippit”…

4 Likes

You are - carbon capture and sequestration into tires. :wink:

6 Likes

Such a good word

1 Like

Falls neatly into the “you can’t say it 10 times fast” pocket.

2 Likes

I may have wondered that same thing long enough to investigate, and no, the CO2 canisters they use are both much bigger than a standard NO2 canister, and threaded.

1 Like

Also, if you do not carry a crossbow on your trips to the grocery store, it will not help you if there’s a zombie outbreak.

Seems kind of weird to state that if I don’t have something, it won’t help me in a situation where it potentially could.

“if you don’t have a compass and a topo map, they won’t help you if you’re lost in the widnerness…”
well yeah.

5 Likes

I got flagged for non-sentence, so I tossed in a bone.

2 Likes