If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 1)

Here’s a Twitter thread about (and link to) a video game entirely encoded into a font. It’s Pokemon-inspired!

9 Likes

Found this in my spare change collection today:

The dates on these were placed under the Indian’s neck on a high spot, so they frequently rubbed off like this one. They were minted from 1913 to 1938

22 Likes

Orion with the Pleiades this time:

The Big [Dipper|Plow|Ladle|Wagon|Bear]

16 Likes

And Mars!

7 Likes

15 Likes

I just dumped our Mason jar of pennies to take out the larger denomination for parking meters and found one of these as well as an old NYC subway token. The year was rubbed off as well; I think I’ve only ever found one with a legible date, tbh. That was the highlight of the experience, though. The jar only yielded $11 in pennies.

8 Likes

And Taurus!
I read some tale about how Taurus leapt to block Orion’s arrow from hitting the Pleiades, and that’s what we see in that formation.

9 Likes

Evidently you can soak these in vinegar for several weeks and in many cases, the date will become visible. You wouldn’t think so, because it’s so worn, but there is some effect on the etchability caused by the varying pressure of the die when the coin was minted. I might try it & let you know!

10 Likes

Thor’s goat had a rough night.

17 Likes

Better night that he often gets.

9 Likes

18 Likes

“That’s your problem, right there.”

11 Likes

19 Likes

Reminds me of…

11 Likes

Slightly gibbous moon seen through the tiny new leaves on our red oak at sunset

And the rock I want for our garden, which we probably can’t afford.

17 Likes

Ten Internet Points if you put a glove on either side of the circle.

12 Likes

From a playground in prospect park…

14 Likes

That’s pretty obscure.

3 Likes

Bjork’s obscure?

the gate utopia GIF by NOWNESS

10 Likes

I’ll always thank her for saving my life by warning me not to let poets lie to me. :heart: :yum:

10 Likes