If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 1)

Electrician’s work truck in the drive-thru:

Photo quality iffy, the stickers say:
Warning … illegible … Do not dumb here. No dumb area.
and
Danger Not only will this kill you, it will hurt the whole time you’re dying.

19 Likes

Maybe roe deer tracks.

13 Likes

11:40 AM.

16 Likes

I was walking down the street when I saw this guy selling toy cars. At first glance they looked like used carts that had seen better days. That’s when I realized that they were handcrafted products, made with empty motor oil packaging.

While the finish isn’t perfect, the level of detail is insane. The cars have doors with handles that open and close, hoods covering the engines, rear mirrors and even spare tires. It cost at about US$ 4,00, almost the same price of a Hotwheels toy.

31 Likes

Fantastic!

By zooming in, I see what you mean by the difference when you look closely. Tres cool!

10 Likes

I´ve bought two of the cars as a Christmas present for a friend who loves toy cars and handcrafted toys. My wife asked me if it was some kind of “Fury Road” toys. I answered “Witness them!”

26 Likes

Only quoting this to give you an extra like.
What a feckin’ cool idea!

15 Likes

Those are deeply cool. Whereabouts did you stumble over them?

10 Likes

Oh, It was in Rio de Janeiro, in the north part of the city.

The Guy showed me a handfull of small slices of plastic that He was cutting to make new toys while waiting for customers. I’m afraid he didn’t sell many cars.

The toys are very fragile, I am not sure if It is suitable for small children.

13 Likes

that’s sad. those are totally badass!
kinda jelly, tell the truth. would love to have bought some. the world needs to reclaim and repurpose plastic waste in creative and non-toxic ways. it’ll never be enough, but minds must be changed in order to meet the growing challenge of plastic waste.

11 Likes

Indeed. If I meet the seller again I’ll say that people abroad liked his creations.

They are not faithful copies of real cars. They do not respect the scales or dimensions of the original cars. But even so, it is possible to recognize some classic car or a model that used to race through the streets when I was a child.

But R$20,00 isn´t really cheap for most of the people. So I think some of them will prefer spend their money buying a toy made in China, that has a more professional looking finish and will cost the almost the same amount of money. I think he could sell more at a craft fair like the ones regularly held in Downtown.

So do I. I really admire people with skills.I also envy them, because I was born without an ounce of talent…

I´ve been reading news about plastic pollution clustering the seas. Soon we will be swimming in plastic waste. It is cheap and we became addicted to it.

13 Likes

I think you have both talent and skill with photography. I always feel fortunate to see your photos here :heart:

18 Likes

Thank you!

Blushing Dark Souls GIF by Channel Frederator

13 Likes

I mean, the water is right there

20 Likes

some beautiful ice in the park

17 Likes

Perhaps the signwriter thinks the fencepost is too dried out. Maybe they think it’ll grow if it gets watered.

10 Likes

Current condition

17 Likes

Instructions unclear: walked into a post

5 Likes

Quick shopping trip yesterday to get some milk at a small town western ny Walmart a few days after the blizzard

The only refrigerated stuff they had was milk (that was shipped in that morning), egg nog, french onion dip and pepperoni.

15 Likes

shocked kristen bell GIF by The Good Place

4 Likes