If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 1)

Coffee for Xmas.

13 Likes

Personal supply?

13 Likes
8 Likes

16 Likes

16 Likes

A microphone? (No busking?)

The combination of listed no-nos is perplexing. I feel like it’s telling me that popular pop up nightclubs are not allowed.

(We have the cocktail glass on US signs too.)

6 Likes

No sound recording? (To go with the no-camera/pictures?)

5 Likes

I also thought no union activities (no amplified sounds). I don’t think they’re necessarily worried about dynamite (explosives), so maybe firecrackers? I mean if you have to post a no explosives sign, you’ve got bigger stuff to worry about.

I always thought the no alcohol/martini glass leaves a loophole. “Officer, I’m drinking a beer, not a cocktail.”

7 Likes

I’m thinking:

• no photos
  • no amplified sound
  • no open alcohol containers
  • no guns (obviously not in the U.S. /s)
  • no knives
  • no explosives

Basically, nothing that creates a disturbance. How civilized.

5 Likes

14 Likes

No recording. It’s next to a ice hockey arena that used to have a lot of concerts.

You can barely get firecrackers in Finland nowadays. I think they are still sold for new year.

11 Likes

Got any advice or suggestions for Memphis? We’re going there next week for a couple days.

This will make it three trips I’ve taken to Tennessee in the last year.

4 Likes

Sadly, no, I’ve driven through Memphis a number of times on my way elsewhere, but I’ve never actually spent there.

Hopefully someone else will know, though.

6 Likes

You might have better chances of getting a relevant answer in the dedicated thread

12 Likes

Another topic I didn’t know existed… thanks

12 Likes

Photographic evidence that cat ears really are a source of her power.

Edit spelling (thanks @iknownuurthing)

9 Likes

Announcement on a train.

7 Likes

I was expecting something different before the picture rendered. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Not snow…not yet. Waiting for the big snowstorm to start. Meanwhile just playing pretend with the frost on the window. (Minneapolis MN)

Update: light flurries began as I was posting this.

15 Likes

Norm Feuti appears to be trying to induce Mandella Effect. On the left, the promo for the (as of then) upcoming “Beak and Ally” installment from the back of book one. On the right, the actual published book two…

TBH the amended title is much better. My kids know intuitively what “Bedtime” means, but very little concept of “Late Night” aside from the name of the show that Julio Torres’ 5-minute “Favorite Shapes” chunk is from…

4 Likes