If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 1)

10 Likes

Annie’s Coffee Shop has a new curio - an Indian tea chest from 1980:

This is the other side - you have my word it is not 'shopped:

:grinning:

17 Likes

There’s a little bodega near my apartment in Tijuana that sells convenience items, and for some weird reason I found a small box of Earl Grey from Sri Lanka. Completely unexpected and out of place, but still tasty.

12 Likes

15 Likes

The sakura are just two weeks a year and then they’re gone. But it’s a nice couple of weeks.

19 Likes

What’s that?

In front of embassy of Russia.

14 Likes

Fossilized creature burrows?

7 Likes

Mother Nature’s April Fool’s joke: A rainstorm with freezing temps, and eight inches of snow overnight. The bushes were bent down with ice/snow and frozen in place, completely blocking the steps. I climbed over the railing at the other end of the porch to make my escape.

19 Likes

Snl Season 47 GIF by Saturday Night Live

10 Likes

You’re gonna want to shake all that snow off ASAP so that the weight doesn’t break the branches.

8 Likes

It must be spring. Students are flocking together.

Bridge to build the new tram bridge is advancing.

Ultras have left their markings around Helsinki.

16 Likes

It was all frozen stiff, so there was no movement to be had until the sun got higher and the day warmed up later on…then, luckily, a lot of the snow just fell off on its own!

8 Likes

I had to Google. We have 31 registered parties and 5 more waiting for registration…

8 Likes

214 million people need couple more parties then 5 million. Actually I found a better list Finland has 24 parties plus Åland’s 7 or 8. I thought Citizens’ Party had ended.

6 Likes

And 380 million or so people need more than two parties, one of which has firmly aligned itself with fascism.

14 Likes

Pussy willow.

20 Likes

In Yelarbon, south Queensland.

22 Likes

“X” marks the spot. But what exactly is the spot, and why?

Walking along the east bank of the Mississippi River last evening near sunset, something between the path and the edge of the river bluff caught my eye. A piece of concrete, with something round and flat on top of it. Hmm, looks like metal… A medallion? I thought it was a USGS marker, but no. I’d never noticed it before. In the winter it would be covered with snow, in the summer hidden by foliage. RIght now was the perfect in-between season to spot it. I’m not sure what it was for, though there are some clues…

15 Likes

Well, to mine own uneducated eye it looks like a rowing club used this to mark the 1/4 mile point. I expect if you walk 1/4 mile further along the riverbank you may find another.

14 Likes

I shall have to look.

ETA This afternoon I was walking in the same place with a friend, and pointed it out to her. As we discussed why it might be there, she said “Well, the rowers wouldn’t be able to see it, they’d be down on the water!”

Anybody here have experience rowing on a river?

8 Likes