If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 1)

What about the other side of the river? Maybe they strung a string across to represent the finish line? Or maybe they had a designated spotter with a visual sight for photo finishes?

7 Likes

Maybe contact the Minnesota Boat Club (founded in 1870!) to see if they know:

https://www.minnesotaboatclub.org/contact

9 Likes

Interesting! I hadn’t heard of them. I was looking at the Minneapolis Rowing Club website—they go back almost as far as the Minnesota Boat Club…

Yeah, I was thinking maybe there could have been someone posted there with a stopwatch…

8 Likes

So you don’t have these guys?

10 Likes

LOL! Here the coach is on the water in another boat, with a megaphone. In the summer when the trees are all leafed out, the view of the river from the path can be completely obscured, and sometimes you can be walking along on a quiet peaceful day thinking there’s not another soul around, and suddenly an amplified voice booms out, seeming to come from nowhere and everywhere at the same time. It can be an oddly disconcerting assault on the ears. Much better than being hit by a bicycle, though!

12 Likes

8 Likes

Sexy Cbs GIF by Paramount+

10 Likes

Trying out my new toy.

12 Likes

16 Likes

Marker paint and flags all the way down the street, both sides.

1. Someone’s having a game of Plant the Utility Flags.
  2. The lawn is being colonized.
  3. Someone might be finally installing fiber.

From the flyer in the door, it’s #3, by TelMax and not Bell or Rogers. So far, so good.

10 Likes
6 Likes

This series of posts:

:joy: :joy: :rofl:

9 Likes
7 Likes

A different angle on downtown KC

13 Likes

Nice font. [Original Tradition Sima]

12 Likes

Licking Jackie Chan GIF

6 Likes

Short time lapse of a boat ride on the Missouri River between Riverfront Park and the Broadway Bridge, downtown Kansas City:

It’s actually mostly industrial around these parts, so it’s not that interesting.

Part 2 gets you to Kaw Point, where the Kansas River meets the Missouri

11 Likes

Everything’s up-to-date! They’ve gone about as far as they can go.

3 Likes

Seen this evening on the main road thru town. Not the usual truck bed flag here. I don’t think there is a large Palestinian community here.

6 Likes

Humorously vandalized Meriwether Lewis:

9 Likes