If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 1)

Yeah, no need to test that one…

7 Likes

Vegetables?

4 Likes

Stands, declaims in his most stentorian voice:

Ahem.

A man from Reno, Nevada,
made a batrachian piña colada.
He skinned a large frog
as a cup for his grog,
but its ass just wouldn’t hold wattah.

6 Likes

Reach for the sky…

13 Likes

Ex-votos.

17 Likes

Pulled up to this colorful car at a red light and realized…

it’s all duct tape! Could be a work in progress as the other side had more done. Or it’s a work in de-taping. :wink:

17 Likes

“Some of my best ideas start with just trying to keep the bumper from falling off”

– that person, no doubt…

17 Likes

And a Hyundai.

4 Likes

17 Likes

Brilliant!

7 Likes

That Carol was such a sweetie! Never could understand why no one would let her hold the baby. :rofl:

7 Likes

“Meet My Family”

Meet this RV…

Meet this bunny…

Meet some history…

18 Likes

I have a sudden, all-consuming desire to purchase a View-Master camera; my life would look at least that good in 3-D.

Must not browse to e-bay… must not browse… must…AAUUGGGHHH!!!

9 Likes

There’s a game on the Nintendo Switch (and other systems) called “911 Operator”: https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/911-operator-switch/

In it you play an emergency dispatcher, handling events and calls. Basically a time/resource management sim with added stress.

One fun feature is if you play in “free mode” you can choose specific cities around the world in which to play. While not every city is available in the Nintendo version at least, Colorado Springs was.

I bought the game on sale over a week ago, but played it for the first time last night. After going through the first part of the tutorial I started free mode and went with CS as the city. Before starting I was given a warning that the entire day would be filled with protests. I thought, surely it can’t mean the stuff that actually happened today? It seems it did, but ramped up to 11. It was brutal. By the end of the day all of my cops, half my fire fighters, and half my ambulance crews were incapacitated or killed, and I earned negative $45k as a score.

But that’s not why I’m writing this. Earlier on in the game day there was a call from a guy angry that protestors were keeping him from getting to the airport. All of the 911 calls the player receives are voice acted. I was given the choice of asking the caller what the protest was about. The reply stunned me. I wish I’d been filming it, but the attached pic I took with my cellphone will have to do.

Neither the text on the screen nor the audio was censored in the game. I’m censoring my pic. Maybe I shouldn’t, since they didn’t?

This caught me off-guard in so many ways:

One, the casual racism was unexpected, which is no doubt naive of me given the state of our country at the moment.

Two, do they have a bunch of stuff stored up, or is audio pushed to the game as events happen? From what I’ve read the young man who was shot by police here in CS was fleeing the scene of a robbery, not a car theft. So it’s most likely the police killing black men is a common enough occurrence that they recorded it and it’s tagged to come up during certain situations. Like yesterday.

Three, I understand the game is aiming for realism, and racists are real, but considering all the dark shit plaguing us these days, does it have to arrive unexpectedly in a Nintendo sim? GTA, sure, I go in expecting them to tackle the darkness of humanity. This game, not so much. Surprise! I guess.

I spent the rest of the night thinking about both the game, and what happened in my city. It took awhile to get to sleep.

Maybe I’m too dialed in to be objective about this. Is a game just a game and it’s no big deal? Is it really a good thing for them to show how some people behave? What are your thoughts?

I’m including links at the bottom of this post to various stories about what happened in CS over the past few days.

Unrelated, after taking my wife to work this morning, I stopped to gas up my motorcycle. A big pickup truck flew by me as I was getting ready to turn. On the back right corner was a giant American flag. On the back left corner was a giant confederate flag with writing on it. I didn’t catch what the writing said.

9 Likes

Regarding that word specifically, no, it shouldn’t be there. Full stop.

9 Likes

Probably Nintendo, being Nintendo, would like to know about that.

6 Likes

OMG, bun bun!!! So tiny!

8 Likes

Perhaps, but the game is rated T for Teen, and the first thing listed is “Language.”

24%20AM

Also, they just released a game where the point is to enlarge your character’s breasts. So…

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/omega-labyrinth-life-switch/

Switch_OmegaLabyrinthLife_06

• A bonafide roguelike RPG you can play again and again!
    Venture through a dungeon with different rooms and items every time you challenge it. Power up your gear and make wise use of your skills to defeat your foes. There are even dungeons with 99 floors!

• Expand your bust with every fallen foe! Mightier mammaries lead to greater power!
    Defeating foes builds up Omega Power in the chest, increasing bust size and parameters. They go all the way up to a Z cup!

• Raise flowers, rebuild the academy, and more! Enjoy a laid-back life!

I’m not sure Nintendo is so much a bastion of decency anymore.

9 Likes

I have another photo of – I’m assuming – the same bunny the week before and he’s even tinier, but it lacked the scale of the car tire.

4 Likes

We see some bun buns out where we are now and again, usually hopping off the road… none quite as tiny and cute as that one! Thanks for sharing!

4 Likes