If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 1)

FYI those are for next Christmas (2020).

2 Likes

I’m buying cheap gas at the…
IMAG4678_1

14 Likes

I can’t even …

15 Likes

And they are all cheating.

13 Likes

Yeah, that seems weird that they’re sitting at the corners…

11 Likes

Alright you sticky-fingered trash pandas, elbows where I can see 'um.

11 Likes

Saw this today while doing a bit of emergency parts shopping. Was tempted; but was also “Oh r’lyeh? I’ve got too many tepid webcams to drop north of $50 on another one.” Ultimately didn’t. Possibly dodged bullet, possibly missed out on a deal so big it is incommensurate with our puny human conceptions of size and scale.

15 Likes

Does not conform to euclidean geometry?

9 Likes

It seemed rude to open the package, so I’m just going by the label.

It does cast a rather sinister light on the period in Microsoft advertising history when their slogan was “Where do you want to go today?”

5 Likes

If Bill Gates is in league with the many-angled ones who dwell at the bottom of the Mandelbrot set, that goes a long way to explaining his market dominance. Tends to put Microsoft a bit out of reach of garden variety anti-trust measures though.

What I’d like to know is how Alhazred managed to get an H1B visa in the first place? He literally wrote the book on nameless dread and creeping terror. That extreme vetting we’re doing is f*cking useless.

7 Likes

Another intrepid explorer makes an impressive summit run.

16 Likes

I think this is a luna moth larva. It was about the size of my little finger (maybe fatter). Found it on the ground; I assume it had fallen out of the willow oak above it. I threw it in the azaleas, figuring it would have some cover, there.

16 Likes

We live on the ground floor right off the train tracks. Train tracks that are apparently being repaired around the clock this weekend. I tried to take a pic for you all today when a huge crane was hoisting an entire run of tracks out of the uncovered tunnel the train runs through next to my building…buuuut our windows are too dirty from living next to the train.

anywho, they have stadium lights on all night and are banging and clanging away. here’s the light coming through our living room window. the room looks dark in the pic, but is in fact really well lit from outside, but the point light is so bright my phone cranked down the exposure.

for whatever reason, last night our fire alarn went off at 130 am. when i got up I thought it was morning, the lights were so bright. It was a very confusing night.

13 Likes

Ugh. I hope the sprogs were able to sleep through it. An interrupted night is a recipe for a cranky family.

6 Likes

“is bent”

2 Likes

place mat

7 Likes

To think he came up with that title without a shred of irony or self awareness

21 Likes

15 Likes

Our 22-year-old son carved this lovely pumpkin for us:

We didn’t get any trick-or-treaters.

20 Likes

I don’t often LOL loud enough at work for my office-mate to comment, but when I do, it’s because of an artisinal pumpkin goatse crafted by the offspring of an internet friend.

11 Likes