If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 2)

Wait, the snowman was voted best in the country for 3 straight years? Magic top hat situation?

5 Likes

No, the Detroit Riverwalk.

But, now that you mention it the top hat was missing.

I wish I had an old silk hat so I could have seen him dance around.

8 Likes

Don’t worry, he’ll be back again some day.

6 Likes

I think it’s broken.

8 Likes

There’s “Keep Austin Weird,” now this:

(That’s Greenbelt, MD)

Here’s the city’s flag, for reference:

11 Likes

17 Likes

Austin has really great trees and the city puts a lot of money into maintaining the ones on public land.

15 Likes

That bridge makes me think this is in Pease Park, or somewhere else along Shoal Creek.

6 Likes

Yep, at Lamar and 24th street. Though there are lots of really nice oaks downtown. I was stuck at the light and admiring the tree, wishing I had time to go walk in the park

8 Likes

Cormorants.

19 Likes

The Giving Port.
Just… Don’t give any sleepable space.

8 Likes

Ah, I had to zoom in on that plaque.

2 Likes
5 Likes

I love your drone photos. Thanks for sharing.

6 Likes
10 Likes

Ah! See also: West Mall. (Presumably there are plenty of other examples after 1970)

In 1970, planters were put in the middle of the sidewalks by former UT System Regent Frank Erwin to discourage large gatherings of students

7 Likes

Cybertruck

Tesla Cybertruck spotted in SF. It’s… something.

The hood starts a lot lower than the Escalade parked opposite it, so it looks rather smaller from the front which makes the already massive wheels look even more ridiculously large.

7 Likes

yet, said Escalade is entirely eclipsed by the enormity of the monstous sci-fi movie prop that is the CyberMantruck.
edit: in the photo shown.

7 Likes

To be fair, you can’t see the Escalade because I was standing next to it. The Escalade looks a lot bigger when standing in front, but once you look at them from the side they’re both massive.

The Cybertruck looks like a low-poly DeLorean that someone scaled up vertically without thinking. It’s like it’s in an awkward phase after a growth spurt before filling in all the way. The proportions are just… off.

That said, the other person who also stopped said, “I don’t hate it as much as I thought I would.” Extremely low expectations beat I guess.

10 Likes

15 Likes