If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 2)

11 Likes

Would additional information make that look less terrifying?

7 Likes

It is safely bolted down up and has been accepted by the local construction supervision authority.

10 Likes

14 Likes

Should I wait and see what happens?

15 Likes

Okay, I think I understand the rationale here; a big lorry is more likely to weigh more than a small lorry. But that’s not really any kind of guarantee, is it. So if that bridge can take 5 tons max, maybe checking a vehicle’s weight might be somewhat safer. Doesn’t even need to be a big scale to weigh the whole vehicle at once. There are small portable ones, you check the load on half of one axle and add up. Why, in a lot of situations one guy with a clipboard may do.

ch861126

6 Likes

All that needs is an L plate.

4 Likes

The L plate goes on those two:

4 Likes

I assume it’s for cost & simplicity. P. R. in general seems to have problems maintaining public infrastructure.

4 Likes

16 Likes

15 Likes

15 Likes

17 Likes

Well, there’s your problem

13 Likes

I mean…they’re not saying you’re a bad person if you don’t bag the poop and put it in a receptacle…but they are saying you’re a very good dog if you do :wink:

I took this photo because it amused me, and it reminded me of my dad. He would sometimes quote an old advertising slogan, Untouched by human hands. And then he would always add: “Made by the dogs themselves!”

P.S. It was a very windy day, that’s why the plastic bag coming out the bottom of the dispenser is horizontal.

13 Likes

Crystal City, VA

13 Likes

This head made of wax is originally an ex-voto. But it was laying in a garden next to a plastic dish with some food. I think it was part an offering, magic ritual or something out of the mind of an art student.

11 Likes

you didn’t touch it, did you?!!!
:astonished:
Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

11 Likes

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

11 Likes

I had to explain the spare tire cover to the younglings:

Spotted in Southlake, Texas, where I might not have expected to see it:

10 Likes