If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 2)

OMG!! how fondly do i remember Oat Willie’s! got my first Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers comix (featuring Fat Freddie’s Cat!)there!
man, they really shoulda kept Austin wierd.

9 Likes

Apparently there’s still one on Oltorf (perhaps the former South Oats?), but whatever is visible in this car would indeed seem to be from the days of yore. I make it back to AUS once or twice a year, but have not been around 29th & Guadalupe in a while, as neither Ruby’s nor Milto’s are still there :slightly_frowning_face:

5 Likes

10 Likes

On tap at the local self-pour bar

7 Likes

They make one called Crabnarok(?) that is pretty delicious

5 Likes

Thanks. I’ll have to find an excuse to go visit them.

3 Likes

The arrival of spring never fails to cheer me up.

15 Likes

Some pictures from Indianapolis

Coca Cola bottling plant converted to a hotel.

Kurt Vonnegut mural

Lamp posts are held up by turtles.

16 Likes

This is the view out the back window (EDIT: this morning). I saw a fox (perhaps this one) right here, a few days ago. Last night we saw one a couple of miles from here, while someone was telling us about a fox that had gotten into their chicken run.

15 Likes

wes anderson fox GIF

11 Likes

I didn’t know we had a Jacuzzi in the basement. However, it doesn’t look very inviting.

15 Likes

Just be glad it is a Jacuzzi Sump Pump and not a Jacuzzi Sewage Ejector.

11 Likes

Just like our world…

9 Likes

At first glance, I thought this was a photo of a grinder pump (which is a sewage ejector, but for the purposes of our homeowner warranty, is not a “Sewage Ejector”). We had a sewage adventure this winter: the grinder pump worked exactly as designed; 'twas the plumbing thereout where we had an issue :grimacing: (It’s better now)

It’s off-topic for this thread, but as long as I’m talking about the sewage adventure: You know how when you listen to some people, you feel yourself getting dumber &/or deflated? Like they’re mental energy vampires? (There was a video that went by the BBS recently, some animation but with the voices of Alex Jones & his pal talking about learning; it had this effect on me & I had to shut it off after about 30 sec.) Well, the guy who came to the house and dealt with the plumbing issue was the opposite of that (for both me, & the college student who was home for the weekend). It’s not often that I listen to somebody and feel both amazed and wiser for having done so. (I mean, we did pay him, and rather handsomely, so ideally every paid contractor ought to leave the customer feeling that way, no?) ETA: Really, every time we speak to another person (whether there’s money exchanged or not, in either direction) we should strive to make the other feel as enlightened as I did listening to this guy, but that’s really off-topic…

9 Likes

There aren’t a lot of real pros in the building and repair trades, but when you come across them, you just have to be impressed.

7 Likes

I’ve certainly had helpful people come by, but this guy was beyond helpful… (whereas the outfit that the warranty people sent out didn’t know what the grinder pump was, much less what to do about it)

6 Likes

15 Likes

15 Likes

I think my neighbors on the down-slope where the exit is should be glad it’s not a sewage ejector. :laughing:

7 Likes

Found in a friend’s cabin; it checks all the boxes.

The back side:

14 Likes