If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 2)

Dryocopus pileatus
Usually if I see one in our yard at all, it’s at the feeder in the dead of winter. The rest of the time, more often I’ll hear & not see it. Best I could do from inside the window, about 80-100 feet away

16 Likes

It’s about 3°C (37°F).

13 Likes

I think the fox from a few days ago is living under the porch. This morning it ran out from under there when I went out the front door. Or, it may have been looking for the groundhogs that usually go under there. I think I’m fine with its presence, either way.

11 Likes

Nursing mother with babies under the porch?

The fox in your photo definitely looks like she’s nursing. I’ve read that mother foxes will often have their babies close to human habitation to provide a little protection from coyotes. If so, you might have some backyard cuteness to watch before they move out.

12 Likes

Started on painting the basement floor. The enamel paint is less grey and more cream than I expected, but let’s see when it dries. Even though I sanded where I filled the contraction cracks in the concrete, they still show, so probably a second coat.

13 Likes

Did you know we have this thread? Would fit perfectly and you could tell us about the paint you used too

13 Likes

15 Likes

14 Likes

You nailed it! There are at least 6

ETA: Mama

24 Likes

Squeeeee! So much cuteness!!! Not enough hearts :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: for this!

Happy Aww GIF by MCDM

(Hope you don’t have backyard chickens though)

13 Likes

There are foxes in the neighbourhood, more of a yellow colour, but I haven’t seen any cubs yet.

One night a couple weeks ago, I thought I saw one crossing the road, but wrong colour, wrong tail, it was a possum, the first one I’ve ever seen. (I had to check to see if they were even resident in southern Ontario.)

11 Likes

16 Likes

Comet?

4 Likes

No. Orion Nebula. I wish I could take a better photo. But I was so amazed to see it, I had to post it here.

ETA

The so called devil´s comet was so low in the sky it was impossible to see it.

12 Likes

13 Likes

Just a glimpse, but I could totally see it!

10 Likes

I love this fountain

14 Likes

It was flying high, and I was zoomed in all the way on my phone camera and it was a sunny day, so difficult to see the screen. I took 6 shots. All but this one were just blue sky. These birds fly out of Whiteman AFB, a bit to the west of us

7 Likes

Life will find a way.

14 Likes

Looks like mint. That stuff is tenacious.

9 Likes