If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 1)

You’re right. Although we have a little, almost nothing, of snow in the south of the country. Every winter, the TV crews are off to one or two cities in Santa Catarina, hoping for snow. With luck they get 5 or 6 millimeters of snow on the streets.

12 Likes

My first thought too :laughing:

I was just now trying to get a photo of the frost on my windows, but my phone camera (and/or my skills) can’t do it justice…

5 Likes

13 Likes

Junkyard for airplane parts?

4 Likes

Not as good as the palfinger but here 'tis anyway

12 Likes

The opportunity was right there and they blew it, by one finger!

5 Likes

Parking deck stalactites*

the resulting stalagmite isn’t doing as well

• Someone has rainwater percolating thru their concrete by the elevator shaft. That’s not good.
13 Likes

It’s been a long day; I read that as “Peking duck”

8 Likes

That plastic wrapped thing looks like a mash up of “Dexter” and “Never Ending Story,” in which one needs to surreptitiously dispose of Falkor.
Very dark.
But is it really airplanes?

4 Likes

My favorite part of the hike down by the reservoir…

%

15 Likes

Snow’s a comin’

17 Likes

& @ClutchLinkey
Listed factory building being renovated. There will be a little museum for flight simulators in the basement. Two of them are already inside, looking like they were wrapped by Christo und Jeanne-Claude, because they won’t fit through the doors later. I think the bits of an Airbus’ fuselage will be turned into some sort of display, too.

11 Likes

18 Likes

How about if you smell something IRL?

It turns out that raw aloe vera (straight from the plant) smells exactly like someone microwaved a frozen chicken patty.

The More You Know Nbc GIF by For(bes) The Culture

5 Likes

Bathroom at Right Proper Brewing in Washington, DC

15 Likes

18 Likes

A (presumably) blast-resistant door, about 2 feet thick. The building dates from around 1960.

14 Likes

Somebody’s going to trip on that caution tape

caution.Screen Shot 2023-02-08 at 5.18.14 PM

16 Likes

Some intersting graffiti in Sydney, Australia

It is left as a problem for the student to determine whether these steps are at all accurate.

16 Likes

18 Likes