If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 1)

The ravages of snow… A collapsed garage roof in my Minneapolis MN neighborhood.

(Note that it was a pitched roof! …though I can’t speak to its state of repair before the collapse… I can’t say I ever really noticed that garage before, until I happened to notice yesterday that the roof wasn’t there anymore.)

@BadCat13 (who posted from Duluth MN about the mall roof collapse there)

15 Likes

The ravages of longer, warmer, sunnier days…a snow sculpture in my neighborhood:

In January:

Today:

21 Likes

Damnnnn!!!

5 Likes

Looks like my grandpa’s old garage! Anywhere near 17th Avenue South?

6 Likes

Nearish! About a mile and a half east. There definitely is a certain look to S. Mpls. I love looking down the alleys around here.

5 Likes

They would have to go to The Manhattan Transfer, where they are nuts about any fish from New York City

8 Likes

Snake house.

14 Likes

Time to vote…

From left to right:
Pirate Party
Liberal Party – Freedom to Choose
The Open Party
Power Belongs to the People
Left Alliance
Swedish People’s Party of Finland
Movement Now
National Coalition Party
Communist Party of Finland
Social Democratic Party of Finland
Finns Party
Green League
Finnish People First
Freedom Alliance
Crystal Party
Feminist Party
Animal Justice Party of Finland
Centre Party
Christian Democrats
Finnish Reform Movement

Well maybe tomorrow no rush.

15 Likes

:notes:
Ooo wah, ooo wah cool, cool kitty
Tell us about the fish from New York City

:notes:

11 Likes

Today I changed my daily commute, which took me to another neighbourhood. To reach my destination, I had to cut through a beautiful park.

20 Likes

And I thought we had many political parties here in Brazil.

12 Likes

That’s not all of them. We have 23 (or maybe 22) parties plus Åland has 8 parties.

Nobody from Seven Star Movement (nobody running anywhere this might be a dead party) or Blue-and-Black Movement are running in Helsinki parliamentary electoral district.

12 Likes

I wanted to make a “Finnish Crystal Party sounds like a fun time!” joke, but then looked them up and of course they’re a single-issue anti-vax/COVID conspiracy party :frowning:

8 Likes

12 Likes

Voting takes too long and we only have 2 weeks to do it. I had to stand in line for 7 minutes plus walking hundreds of meters to the library.

19 Likes

Colin Jost Shrug GIF by Saturday Night Live

6 Likes

10 Likes

Tve1

15 Likes

Last week.

15 Likes

Went to the high desert early Sunday morning to see if the poppies were out and about. They’ve just started blooming, but the experts think that it won’t be a super bloom due to such cold weather conditions this year.

18 Likes