If you're looking for something, here it is

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/30/if-youre-looking-for-something-here-it-is.html

8 Likes

I Dont Arrested Development GIF

14 Likes

6 Likes

Well, that’s really something. Not something I need at the moment.

11 Likes

Something.com is a far less boring site than nothing.com. And in case you´re wondering, anything.com is up for sale (as of this moment).

8 Likes

I’m a little pleased to know that everything is still possible at zombo.com

8 Likes
9 Likes
9 Likes

200w

5 Likes
6 Likes

Everybody’s looking for something.

I just wonder if there’s somewhere right for me, somewhere I feel I belong.

7 Likes

Rick Astley Pixel GIF

I was expecting the worst.

11 Likes

I’m glad someone posted this, came here to see this

2 Likes
3 Likes

e57992cb-b5c0-4a81-b1cc-2382b866c01f_text

3 Likes

I like an excuse to post the oldies.

Forgot about this one.

6 Likes

There is a FAQ there.

1. Are you interested in selling something.com? Not particularly. While the domain may seem “unused” to some, it is actually doing a number of things. Though the main page is quite stark, there are a number of other pages on the site (like this one) that are not generally linked in from anywhere, where I have posted things like my vacation pictures and comments for my family to see. Additionally, something.com is used for several other things besides the web. I have some mailing lists, email accounts for friends and family, and the like.
  2. Why do you keep paying to keep up a mostly blank website? As answered above, the domain is actually used for a number of things, they are just not obvious at first glance.
  3. I would like to offer you $XXXXX for your domain. Thank you for your offer, but unless we are talking DotCom era money (like the recent pizza.com sale ), I am not particularly interested. And even if I were interested in selling, I would probably consider auctioning off the name to the highest bidder, unless the offer were very generous.
  4. How much traffic do you get? As of 2011, around 15,000 hits/day.
  5. Why don’t you put ads on your homepage to make money? I could, but that would spoil the view.

And a random stoner band name generator

13 Likes

The email thing is a thing.

Way back in the dial up era when ISPs came and went they were normally your email provider and people would stick with providers because changing email addresses could be a hassle.

My parents got caught up in that so over 20 years ago I bought a domain so they could have a permanent email address. This was before Gmail, Hotmail, etc… got popular.

The domain name actually has some value now.

Even longer ago than that in the 90s I bought a domain to play with and for permanent email.

It’s only used or email now, I get offers allowance the time.

That domain is quite valuable, my daughter will inherit that one for some serious walkin’ around money after I get put in a box.

4 Likes

7 Likes

5 Likes