Iggy Pop is now the pitchman for Unagi Scooters

Originally published at: Iggy Pop is now the pitchman for Unagi Scooters | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Wear a helmet, protect your pudding holder!

5 Likes

These scooters are slick. I think if I were an urban dweller I’d go for it.

2 Likes

Obviously I’m biased because the founder is a friend, but I rode the first generation Unagi quite a bit and it was fantastic, and I think they’ve only improved.

2 Likes

1 Like

Scooter? Once again, Lou did it first.

3 Likes

That’s cool! Somehow I’d never seen that one!

2 Likes

There’s a whole bunch of musicians advertising for that Honda scooter on youtube.

1 Like

I’m fairly certain that eels neither need nor can use scooters. So making scooters for them is a fool’s errand.

3 Likes

What, was Schwimmer busy?
tenor (9)

2 Likes

Maybe the scooters are powered by Unagi?

unagi

Teeny tiny fairies running on treadmills inside it, needing delicious eel for energy?

5 Likes

I used to be the passenger, but now I’m the rider…

5 Likes
3 Likes

It’s going to take a lot more than Iggy Pop to make scooters cool.

Seriously? It’s a scooter.

1 Like

audrey hepburn film GIF

11 Likes

“I’m old, I’m famous and I need the money”

I need delicious eel for energy. The good stuff has gotten too expensive

2 Likes

Take some of mine. I have a hovercraft full of them.

5 Likes

Nah, this is pretty terrible. Like…it’s just a bad ad. Iggy is the only thing worth noting I suppose and it’s all voiceover? Like, why he isn’t talking in the ad? Why can’t he steal it? Is it theft proof? Does it even go? Why try so hard to emulate motion? The only time the scooter is moving is when he is carrying it and when somebody is kicking it out of frame at the end. So dark and edgy but this high end luxury scooter (yes I know that sounds absurd) is destined for the tech bro set. I mean, stirring up the fantasy of danger and menace on a toy that tops out at 20 mph. Buncha nonsense.

2 Likes

If only. This is certainly not that.

1 Like