Illegal Lego builds

They should put their software through the same process, because the software accompanying their $200 WeDo 2.0 kits is terrible. The user interface is utterly confounding, and the software requires a constant internet connection to function.

4 Likes

this is my 11 yr old at 7/8. Same bed and everything.

4 Likes

With kids today and all their various frailties and ailments , I say you sit a kid in front of a big pile of LEGO. If they build something creative and wonderful - great, their allergy to strawberries proves to be no barrier. If they swallow and choke on the first piece they touch… well… natural selection, kid wasn’t gonna amount to much anyways.

2 Likes

Now that’s LATeral thinking!

3 Likes

Some kids sort them by shape in margarine tubs and egg cartons. I knew one kid who sorted them by colour. Worked for him.

5 Likes

I sorted mine by name.

9 Likes

Teeth, there are pieces in existence that have impressions of my teeth.

11 Likes

I had lots of Lego as a kid (40+ years ago) and recently started again with some models (Saturn V and some Architecture sets). Most of them included the Brick Separator

Today’s kids will never have the same experience of broken fingernails and sore fingertips.

19 Likes

At our house, we call this thing “The Wedge”, and it has vastly improved my patience for “helping” put sets together with Junior Kidd.

7 Likes

They will help future archeologists to recreate an image of our species.

7 Likes

the potential for elements (and children) being stressed.

Standout line for me (along with the list of possible answers). Shows humanity in engineering - this person is a real engineer.

7 Likes

You wore stout shoes/boots, I trust and did not demur from any appropriate and necessary discipline.

(Having read some of your posts over the years, I suspect this to be true.) :wink:

1 Like

25 Likes

You named all your LEGO bricks? Wow!

5 Likes
  • This list is very satisfying in a very weird way.
  • I wish it had more obscure edge cases.
  • I remember the first time I legoed with a friend. We were eight. He broke all the rules, all the time. I couldn’t believe (or articulate, for that matter), how somebody could not automatically (and inevitably) deduce these rules from the instructions.
  • I have since relaxed, but I think a sense for this kind of rules helps you with certain engineery tasks.
9 Likes

My mother would have loved this. 40 years later she still reminds me about the irritating sound of me raking through my “all in” box of lego. (No sorted bins for me… what kind of control freaks are you people raising??)

9 Likes

Maybe!!!

But I also just looked at him in a situation not far from that image and said “You are going to have to come use the bathroom at some point. I’ll be waiting kid.”

:wink:

4 Likes

Good strategy always triumphs over short-term tactics, in the end (i.e. win the war not the battle).

(Insert salute gif of your choice.)

3 Likes

What manner of witchcraft is that? Of all the varied Lego kits I received in the 80’s, not a single one came with one of those!

5 Likes

The PC on PC friction note was very eye opening for me. I may still to this day have some transparent antenna pieces with transparent cones stuck on them.

The rest of it though… meh, I’ll play with my LEGO how I want. That’s why my spaceships are the coolest.

2 Likes