Illicit THC dealers are raking in the bucks on Instagram: Report

i’ve read about this i think

So what explains the LSD drought? The best explanation is a bust, a really big bust. The DEA claims it reduced the LSD supply by “95 percent” with two arrests in rural Kansas in November 2000. Clyde Apperson and William Leonard Pickard were charged with and eventually convicted of possession and conspiracy to distribute LSD. According to court testimony, the DEA seized the largest operable LSD laboratory in agency history, as well as 91 pounds of LSD and precursor compounds for the potential manufacture of nearly 27 pounds more. [ Addendum, March 21: The 91-pound figure appears to be a myth of the government’s making. See this follow-up story .] If you define a dose of LSD as 100 micrograms, Apperson and Pickard had around 400 million hits in stock. At the more common dosage level of 20 micrograms, the two were sitting on 2 billion hits. Apperson got 30 years in prison, and Pickard got two life sentences. The Kansas bust marked the third

or was the crisis people pearl clutching?

2 Likes

I hadn’t heard that story. Looks like the crisis that you are talking about is a supply drought. The one I was referring to was the crisis in the early 70’s where the reporting about LSD overdoses reached epic proportions. If you believed the news reports at the time, hippies were all the time sailing out of windows believing that they could fly, and staring into the sun until they fried their retinas. The misinformation was epidemic. LSD was causing formerly-religious teens to strip off their clothes and run amok. The reality at the time was that the CIA had actually bought up all of the LSD produced by the Sandoz laboratories for research, and was experimenting on prisoners and soldiers, often without their knowledge. It was a crazy time!

2 Likes

I’m aware I was making a joke :upside_down_face:

I’ve never tried it - maybe in the right set and setting I would.

As someone who cares about privacy I’ve read a lot about the drug war though. And ideally I’d like to see it sold in dispensaries… I’ve seen people told they’re doing lsd but it’s some random research chemical at events

(Also since I’m conservative about what I put in my body I often get drafted nto being a trip sitter and I’m ok not risking a bad trip)

No legit, legal manufacturers of medical cannabis or eliquid have ever used Vitamin E Acetate. That is a cheap thickener commonly used in black market carts. That’s what killed people. Let’s be clear. The confusion came only because people didn’t want to admit committing a crime.

2 Likes

Why the fuck would somebody buy those? (Assuming you are in a state where it is legal)

Legal products are expensive.

Also for flower there are shortages in some medical states. So you can’t pay above street price even if you wanted to

The Vitamin E acetate fiasco has had an effect (besides killing people) in Illinois as well. Now that Illinois has legalized, flower for recreational customers is in short supply, but tested concentrates and pre-filled vape pens are easy to find in comparison and nowhere near as popular. All dispensary products have an analysis printed on the tracking label, including the name of the testing lab.

Of course, none of this is a surprise - it takes time for supply and demand to sort themselves out whenever a state legalizes. The vape fiasco just throws an additional monkey wrench into the mix.

How many people have quit using ecigs? How many kids have actually started using cigarettes after using e-cigs? Unless you have hard numbers, I’d go with far more people using them to quit than start.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.