Improve the Apple remote with a purple rubber band

So in order to get this I’d have to buy Asparagus?

No thanks!

1 Like

I looked at the picture, read the first sentence of the description… spent a few seconds remembering where I had heard/read “fearful symmetry” before.
I thought it was a smart idea, if not necessarily one worth writing about. I looked at the picture again and agreed that the design was too symmetrical to be practical. And it just looks better with those stripes of color at the top.

Then I actually read the second sentence… wait what? “Around the bottom half”? YOU MADE IT WORSE BY PUTTING THE RUBBER BANDS ON THE WRONG END!!!

8 Likes

I just realized with two bands some joker could put the 2nd one at the top, ruining this life hack.

2 Likes

Yeah, but that joker would have to buy Asparagus…

1 Like

Maybe they are sickos who like asparagus.

if he just screwed it to a piece of pine, about 2" x 8", or even 1" x 7", he would have:

1. instant knowledge of which end is up (the objective in his eyes)
  2. never lose it in the couch again (added bonus!!!)
  3. always be able to find it in the dark (double added bonus!!!)
2 Likes

Sounds like the Gas Station Restroom Key Fob approach.

Side note: Is there anything as dirty as a Gas Station Restroom Key Fob? :frowning:

Man, that takes me back. I used to play in an asparagus band.

4 Likes

Funny. I just did something similar to my tiny, inconspicuous Apple TV remote after it kept disappearing. (My previous one vanished entirely. I mean GONE.)

2 Likes

Better, slip a condom on one end. Then buy something from a vendor who cares about design.

1 Like

That’s what happens when you buy expensive corporate software instead of writing your own. Then you would see the DRM is just in your imagination. If you realized that money is only so much paper, you could hand-craft your computer out of the ashes of capitalism.

6 Likes

Now that’s the most sensible advice I’ve read all day!

2 Likes

Broccoli Wad!

Geez. It’s not symmetrical at all. Anyone with some semblance of tactility could recognize the long button on the right.

Gas station bathrooms.

1 Like

Eh, it’d be a worthwhile lifehack for me. I don’t have much feeling in my hands, and have a difficult time even feeling the keyboard nipples, so the rubber band trick would work well for me.

Vecna lives!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.