In a panic over fleeing advertisers, Facebook launches PR blitz to announce it is "a mirror to society"

“A boot stomping on a Facebook, forever.”

5 Likes

Parents do use that.
It’s part of society’s problems in the USA. Many parents do not raise their children to be responsible adults. They themselves are not responsible adults.

12 Likes

Nailed it.

2 Likes

Too many people are too lazy to find a different way (emails, texts, phone calls, etc.) because the effort to do so outweighs their minimal-to-zero concern about a proven anti-democratic hate machine.

It was easy enough for them to get on to fuckbook. Just as it was easy enough before then for them to get on email. The not-lost art of distribution list management needs to come back to the fore.

8 Likes

Too true.
I guess what I was getting at is the classism of it all. If a low income family or one that included people of color had antisocial kids and made excuses similar to this corporation they’d be lambasted. But a wealthy family (or a big wealthy corporation) gets a pass. At least from most major criticisms or consequences.

8 Likes

Hopefully these companies’ money goes farther not put into advertising. Like better wages for starters.

2 Likes

ROFLMAO

(You forgot your /s tag.)

10 Likes

No I’m completely serious. Maybe you’re thinking of a yet-to-emerge “captain obvious” tag.

ETA: if not better wages I’d settle for better products. At any rate, FB not getting $$$ is great news and I’m going to enjoy watching it flop like a fish.

2 Likes

Facebook it’s an advertising platform. When you understand it you could use it at you advantage. I used it mainly to get informed of events nearby and for this works great. My friends are mostly bands, and venues. SO Iknow when there’s an interesting concert.

2 Likes

A “mirror to society” because “The portrait of Dorian Gray” has a few too many words.

6 Likes

Good. Zuckerberg and Clegg should feel the fear. The sooner this platform dies, the better.

I usually use e-mail with a BCC for those kinds of situations. A small hassle adding all the recipients from my address book, but a trifle compared to the externalities of being a member of a highly toxic social media platform. Everyone who’s on FB has an e-mail address, so no need for them to shift technologies.

I doubt this is news to anyone. The point is, it’s really easy to live without Facebook while still being able to replicate and improve upon many aspects of its functionality using other services.

16 Likes

When you’ve lost Denny’s, you’ve lost the world. I’ll hold out until I hear what Waffle House has to say on the matter though.

8 Likes

When you’re too harsh for bleach, you’ve got big problems.

13 Likes

fair enough.

5 Likes

The users are FB’s product. Being a user is the only way they generate money. They are an ad platform.

8 Likes

Zuckerbook learns that hiring a demented conman’s movement nihilists is perhaps a short-term strategy.

Who was the smart one supposed to be again?

2 Likes

Right?! When Denny’s corporation calls you out as a Karen, you know you’re in trouble. Sorry Zuck! Actually, not sorry in the least.

5 Likes

As a member of society, this claim seems borderline libelous.

7 Likes

Sweet. Facebook may finally fall, and all it took was the destruction of our democracy. Which, as we are seeing, wasn’t exactly great shakes either – certainly not as fair and equal as it was touted by our indoctrinators. Mirrors, indeed.

12 Likes

Well, the money is already in an advertising budget and will likely get spent on other media. Whatever money is saved by not being spent with fuckbook has absolutely zero chance of getting to employee wages and to think otherwise is merely wishful thinking.

3 Likes