In Bloodborne's brutal world, I found myself

What an excellent article! As a lover of difficult and/or hard to love things, I think it ought to hit all the right notes for me. Looking forward to giving Bloodborne a spin.

With regard to your larger philosophical musings, I find that my own proclivity towards difficult things is tied, in part, to my desire to physically manifest my world view. Ex. This band is so hard to love because of their crummy recordings, opaque lyrics, and lack of traditional song structure. I love them because once you dig deeper you find a treasure trove of fascinating influences, genre-bending albums, and superb musicianship. My love of the band shows the world I favor thoughtful analysis over rash judgments and that I’m willing to forgive some flaws when potential and greatness lurk beneath the surface.

I’m probably overthinking this, but as an ENFP that’s kind of what I do.

Great Article!

I replaced “Bloodborne” with “Programming” (along with a few other words) and I think it came out quite well :smile:

txt dump:

https://gist.githubusercontent.com/anonymous/92cf7e39edbaac14c2dd/raw/019403273be13602e75d91d69eef4587510d7442/programming.txt

1 Like

Great games inspire great writing- good job!

Others have already echoed this, but you did a great job of detailing what I love about the souls games.People call them unfair, but Candy Crush is unfair. Random chances are unfair. Poker is unfair. Bloodborne and the souls series are as fair as gravity, the weak nuclear force and taxes.

(source)

1 Like

We can agree on that, at least, though probably not for the same reason.

In hindsight I should have just said death, because taxes are not a good analogy for ‘concrete, easily reproducible behavior’ like I was going for.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.