"In Heaven" from David Lynch's Eraserhead is one of my favorite scenes of all time

Originally published at: "In Heaven" from David Lynch's Eraserhead is one of my favorite scenes of all time | Boing Boing

3 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes

I saw Eraserhead years ago in Chicago. It is a creative, unsettling movie that showcases David Lynch’s brilliance.

2 Likes

Now this one takes me back!

2 Likes

A friend and I were discussing this scene a few weeks ago. He shared this with me: “Interesting story about the lady in the radiator. I don’t know if it’s true or not, but there’s a scene in the Ed Wood movie “Glen or Glenda” where the camera goes to a steam radiator for no apparently reason. I read that focusing on the radiator then having the lady in the radiator appear was Lynch’s homage to Ed Wood.”

3 Likes

If you like David Lynch, specifically his daily number draw, you might hate my weird hobby: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHsicydK6CnjzBsCgank_qRPPQg3JJtHT

God damned movie still gives me nightmares, 20-some years after I first saw it.

Like the OP, I fell in love with this scene and the song. It haunts me in a very positive way.

First time I went to see this at a rep house, asked my buddy: “What’s it about?” He thought for a moment, then said - “The difficulties of being a single parent.” Can’t say he was wrong.

1 Like

I do hope the OP isn’t suggesting I watch it again. I’m too old now.

I haven’t made it through rewatching Twin Peaks… it is so dense. I love some of the period clothing and influences in it. I like Lynch.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.