Incredible footage of gunfire in Canadian Parliament

I.S. is a foreign force, and is by no measure a soverign state. Time will tell with greater clarity these criminals’ motives and connections, but it’s ignorant to dismiss that these attacks happened a week afree Canada stepped up the fight against I.S. and it is believed at least one, possibly both of the attackers were stopped from going to fight with a foreign force in the middle east.

I.S. has issued specific instructions via their videos for followers of their ideology to commit attacks in their own homelands, without need for direct or specific approval from anyone. These could have, and certainly appear to be cases of that nature.

Who has been arming ISIS?
They got some funding and support from various opponents of al-assad when they were in Syria causing hell. Then they took Mosul and the supporters realised the kinds of monsters they were really supporting. Problem was that they stole millions of dollars and gold from the banks in Mosul, so they don’t need any more financial support. They did steal all their heavy weapons. A bunch from the iraqi army who mostly abandened their posts. They’ve even captured war planes from al asshole.

Why is it that Iraq is as lawless as it is?
Political infighting and the ex PM focusing on consolidating power for Shia and himself instead of the country’s stability. Also, were you really just advocating for Saddam’s Iraq? I suggest you read a little about that guy.

Which of those countries (where you are calling in drone strikes) are you currently at war with?
Iraq has asked for our help. Al assad doesn’t care because I.S. are his enemies too. Those are the countries that are being bombed with drones in conjunction with Arab allies from the region.

Do you think that these strikes are really all dealing with anti-American groups?
The target is I.S. That’s who were talking about. Also: I’m not American, but thanks for the lecture.

How likely are you to stop terrorist recruiting with anything but boots on the ground?
Since they’re recruiting primarily via the internet, I’d say: use the internet. Also take the kind of stance which says: we’re not scared because your ideology is nonsense shit, and we have better guns. Have fun dying for nothing.

How long is it that this fucking “War on Terror” has been going on now?
Don’t confuse history for the present. Bush’s little crusade into Iraq was unjustifyable. What I.S. is doing to Iraqi soldiers (summary execution of scores) and innocent civillians is deplorable and letting thousands die at the hands of these assholes when we have means to help stop that is also unjustifyable.

Realpolitik. Lol.

You see, you could actually be paying attention to world events and you’d know the answers to your questions.

Drone strikes occur in more places than just Iraq and Syria. Yemen and Pakistan—both of which @PatRx2 mentioned in his post—being just two such examples, and strikes frequently/mostly occur without consent, even though we aren’t at war with those countries.

Yeah, and this internecine infighting was totally unforeseeable, wasn’t it? Nobody could have predicted that removing Saddam would result in political divisions along sectarian lines, especially if they had read a little about that guy and studied how he maintained control.

We’re not scared of your ideology, which is why we bomb you from above: to show that you are not a threat that we should be scared of. You know, just like we bomb other non-threats we’re not scared of. But we’re not un-scared enough to risk actual foot soldiers to the non-threat ISIS and their nonsense ideology don’t represent.

Well, lots of Canadian commentators and politicians have been really ignorant, then, as many have cautioned about drawing a connection between these incidents and ISIS, and have suggested that in the absence of evidence to the contrary they are best viewed as the individual efforts of highly disturbed Canadians.

Are you still talking about “IS” as though it had something to do with the shooting on Parliament Hill?

That’s not going to go over well with the Canadian public, when the CPC attempts to restrict the movement of citizens and residents, put metal detectors everywhere like in the States & bring back friendly historical terms like “Papers please” based on the actions of a few sick individuals, led by one incident that wasn’t even of one of the incredibly few self-radicalized.

The RCMP is following -80- people they suspect of being self-radicalized & -possibly- but not certainly dangerous. Out of 30 million. Biker gangs are 100x more dangerous & we don’t give up our civil liberties for them

You can’t claim the acts of a vanishingly small number of unhealthy individuals as that of “IS”, unless you are willing to suspend your own disbelief in support of an agenda to create a security state like that one below us,

1 Like

Fail sentence of the new century.

1 Like

Because I said we should give up civil liberties where exactly? Shall we have this discussion without the straw men, or…

Fail sentence of the new century.

Are you incapable of including this in your original commentary or did you think it was such a zinger that it deserved its own space?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.