Inside a 100-year-old drainpipe

“Let’s get this out onto a tray!”

“… Nice.”

3 Likes

And in under 30 years, the Intertubes already look the same on the inside.

3 Likes

Darn, we missed a bet. We had a century-old sewer in the backyard (going to other peoples’ houses) replaced, but we didn’t think to examine the contents.

2 Likes

Sounds like you got a wet floor eh? Bummer.

Our 100+ year-old house still has its original cast iron drainpipe. We had it scoped when we bought the house and everything still looked clear and intact

1 Like

The preferred idiom around these parts is WAP.
Wet Ass Plumbing.

4 Likes

Image: Allegory for the GOP platform.

It sounds like they discovered the condition of the piping after removing some other attached plumbing. Perhaps moisture was always getting in from above somehow.

2 Likes

The planet killer in that episode forever reminds me of this:

4 Likes

Sometimes the simplest is most effective. I bet what they were thinking looked a lot different than the paper mache tube they ended up with.

2 Likes

Because it’s made (mostly) from our hometown’s Rosendale Cement!

This is from the still-standing dam that supplies our town water.

10 Likes

The hull was supposedly made of neutronium. Maybe it couldn’t be machined or otherwise made uniform, so in that respect the irregular hull went well with the plot. It certainly looked cool and very alien.

1 Like

No disrespect to Rosendale, but there were nearer sources even then. As it happens, this whole region is sitting on enormous fields of volcanic ash, and that’s the key ingredient in the old Roman concrete that has lasted for thousands of years even in seawater.

3 Likes

Now, take the example that pipe represents and consider the state of most of the nation’s water (fresh/waste) infrastructure. How many locales have water infrastructure that was buried 50 years ago? 75 years ago? 100 years ago?

On reason to never buy a suburban home is that they are sitting on infrastructure they’ll never fix (until there’s an emergency) because they’ll never raise the needed taxes or HOA fees to update the plumbing.

1 Like

Its appearance certainly made it look like it meant business. Also, it was surmised that the machine had been destroying planets over a very long period of time. The rough exterior would be a result of collisions with debris from the planets it had destroyed, and by asteroid debris.

3 Likes

Now I’ll have to stand in the tea chest and sing “Jerusuaem”!

4 Likes

In entertainment news, today.

Now from the top, make it drop, bounce that big ol’ booty,’ because that’s the only thing that rhymed. It was really hard for me to clean this song up because nobody could convince me to keep ‘gushy’ because I hate the word ‘gushy.’” There’s an adjective that would be even worse, though. “Like a cringe-y word to me is ‘moíst,’” she added. “I hate the word ‘moíst.’” Yeah, we veto moíst ass pussy.

giphy

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.