Inside Alan Moore's Head

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/18/inside-alan-moores-head.html

4 Likes

@orenwolf @pesco Not one but three autoplaying videos. Possibly the same one but I skipped ahead to comment

1 Like

worksforme? They’re just Youtube videos?

giphy

6 Likes

I may need to blame my iPhone then. I will look into it.

1 Like

Not sure I want to be in that dude’s head. There’s a fair amount of racism, misogyny, and sexual violence in there.

10 Likes

Thanks, yes, I swapped in the YouTube videos as soon I noticed the autoplay.

5 Likes

Alan Moore has (in the past) created some of the greatest works of comic-book (or whatever you want to call it) fiction.

These days, he’s a bizarrely awful old crank whose head I wouldn’t want to spend five seconds inside. (i.e., his recent rant about Marvel movies being ‘white supremacist’ in nature and how the original superheros were the KKK in “Birth of a Nation”)

7 Likes

As many interesting and thought provoking things as Moore says re: the culture (whether you agree with him or not re: the infantalizing and/or fascist nature of superheros, it’s at least worth thinking about), the “magic” stuff is some remarkably meaningless gibberish.

1 Like

Thanks. Though I suppose a wall of auto play might allow the simulation of the inside of Allan Moore’s head.

4 Likes

I’ve never seen somebody as full of contempt for the industry they work in as Alan Moore.

4 Likes

Just imagine what’s in Frank Miller’s head.

9 Likes

Im not a fan, but i just saw the part if this interview here where he talks about V for Vendetta (scroll down fir that question):

Pretty sure it’s filled with even more hair.

6 Likes

Evidently, Frank Miller has gone through some changes. Sobriety? Therapy? He’s not quite the same guy who went full crazy after 9/11.

3 Likes

The real series is “Inside Alan Moore’s beard.”

6 Likes

2 Likes

tumblr_lj2atn2rc41qewh72o1_500

7 Likes

Don’t forget his bilious anger at the new and popular stuff for being new and popular, instead of the early-20th and late-19th century pulpy popular schlock he unironically loves.

1 Like

9 Likes