Intel's new compute stick looks nice

Because the display doesn’t power them. He’s complaining about the fact that you need another power supply and cable.

Sort of like a tiny over-pwered Alphasmart?
Battery powered or USB?

pretty much. probably one of the few techy things he would have got right.

Exactly. I’m going to stick a battery inside and a charger circuit.

The hard part if modeling the case for it.

Show us this … device…

2 Likes

“I like your computer,” she said. “It looks like it was made by Indians or something.”
Chia looked down at her sandbenders. Turned off the red switch. “Coral,” she said. “These are turquoise. The ones that look like ivory are the inside of a kind of nut. Renewable.”

“The rest is silver?”

“Aluminum,” Chia said. “They melt old cans they dig up on the beach cast it in sand molds. These panels are micarta. That’s linen with this resin in it.”

William Gibson - Idoru

5 Likes

Pez computer? Bobble-head computer? The possibilities are mindendless.

7 Likes

I can see the promise, but I’ll wait a few generations. Storage is a big issue for me. Sure, you may fit Windows+Office+Photoshop on it comfortably at first, but the creep of termporary files and automatic backups will probably be a huge bother. The mentioned giant cable is another, though more superficial.

I think that I, too, shall also wait.
That ‘sucks energy direct from Spacetime’s Quantum Foam’ doodah should be here soon. Five to ten years. Tops.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.