Interesting, thoughtful stories

Right? By 10 points!

Big relief, but also big cause for celebration!

6 Likes

The Office Party Hard GIF

[ETA]

3 Likes
9 Likes

Could the fact that the researchers mostly speak English have anything to do with their studies being based on English language structures? I’d be delighted to read what similar researches in other linguistic structures shows.

1 Like
3 Likes

the part with the Peaky Blinders clip… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Intriguing, but i couldn’t make it through. Surely whatever he’s getting at could be said in half that time. :weary:

3 Likes

Probably, but half the fun is getting there! :smiley: I enjoy his videos, tho.

2 Likes

Let the major bonehead design flaw finger-pointing begin:

6 Likes

the headline is a little clickbaity unfortunately

1 Like
2 Likes

Archive link because that Atlantic is playing up for me ATM.

3 Likes

I would suggest that part of what could be studied is what strategies work to keep people involved who aren’t conspiracists. To not just throw your hands up and give up.

9 Likes

:thinking:

I really like his point about science and humility…

1 Like

https://archive.ph/ensb5

1 Like

Lately I’ve been getting more and more news from people being diagnosed with some form of dementia. They are my mother’s friends, relatives and parents of friends. At first glance it looks like there’s been an explosion of cases, but I think that’s because people are living longer and diagnoses are getting more refined.

8 Likes
6 Likes
4 Likes

Well that was interesting, and very depressing.

3 Likes

The story of the tiger that in 1997 was wounded by a poacher who also stole part of its kill: the tiger found the poacher’s cabin, destroyed his belongings, waited at least half a day for him to return, then killed and ate him:

credit to Massimo (Rainmaker1973) on Twitter.

6 Likes