iPhone shortcut to record encounters with the police

I think the hypothesis goes like this: This shortcut is for obvious reasons much more valuable to PoC than to white people. And since racism puts PoC at a massive economic disadvantage, they would be less likely to own an Apple devices, as these are more expensive.

So I imagine the point is: create a manual how to do that on an Android phone, because that is going to help a lot more people.

It’s not a private app, it’s simply a shortcut (i.e. a macro).

4 Likes

The fact that we have to have this shortcut should tell you something about the state of US policing. (Coming soon… auto-calling for an ambulance when it detects gunshots.)

5 Likes

It would be nice if the app mapped a snapshot of who was present, by mac address. Say a dozen cops show up and beat you, they put the one with pretty blue eyes up on the stand and say only he and his partner were there, and nothing happened.

1 Like

Sloppy nomenclature on my part. Corrected.

2 Likes

This is peak 2020.

1 Like

Got it now, thanks.

2 Likes

I sincerely hope so, but we’re less than halfway through :cry:

Android phones: double-tap the power button to go straight to camera. And it’s auto-stored in Google Photos in the cloud.

The double-tap gesture even as I’m pulling the phone out of my pocket has become so ingrained in me through years of reaching to capture a fleeting moment of my kids that it has started to backfire – I’ll often pull my phone out to do something else, and I have already double-tapped the camera open, requiring me to close out of it and unlock my phone.

2 Likes

I understand that some of those cops are pretty good mimics.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.