Is Precognition Real?

No, Randy

10 Likes

A short but pleasant diversion from reality from one of my favorite Seattle weird wrestling/burlesque crossover gems-

Not James but definitely Randy.

5 Likes

Girl Love GIF by Lillee Jean

5 Likes

But i like it! I only wish our local drag artists managed to coordinate a drag - burlesque - wrestling crossover series of events. Friends commented on wanting to participate from multiple vectors and the overlap in performances was great! But it’s still a lot of energy even when it’s the sort of weird thing you love.

5 Likes

Yeah, it sounds amazing! I love weird shit that exists for no reasons other than it’s weird and someone enjoys it!

8 Likes

Sciencing is hard.

It’s soo much more convenient to hack a p-value out of an underpowered study than try to get more samples :wink: Ugh, you usually have to write a grant! Boo!

Regressing to the mean is the next studies problem :wink:

6 Likes

If psychics existed, they wouldn’t be suppressed by by the cabal of “science”, they would be trillionaires.

I would be super impressed. Instead, we get parlor tricks (hence why practicing, professional magicians know the process of fooling and being fooled works on such an innate level.)*

The difference between confidence operations and “defrauding” an audience as a performer is the pre-arranged consent.

Parapsychology departments burn through grants with a negative-sum effect on the world.

Maybe I can create a series of “Remote Viewing NFTs” and put the funds towards a research journal watchdog group :slight_smile:

*To that end i fuckin’ love that the lifelong enemy of the most respected (it’s a relative scale) paranormal researchers isn’t even a scientist, they frame stage magicians as true peers.

6 Likes
4 Likes
12 Likes

Unsurprisingly remote viewers were sold (as a service) to militaries and dowsing rods to antiterrorism agencies. Only the very expensive “bomb detector” sticks with no functional parts faced any consequences for defrauding the public.

Probably because the military burning through r&d, providing disinformation to generals under the fog of war is more expected than lying to security agencies.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.