The psychic con game

Originally published at: The psychic con game | Boing Boing

4 Likes

These cold-reading scum are some of the worst predators in the world of grifting. They have a real knack for spotting and stringing along victims who’ve experienced a profound loss in their lives.

21 Likes

I have one question only, and I ask every psychic I’ve ever met, What are the winning numbers to the lottery?

As you well know, they don’t know because their higher self got drunk last night.

13 Likes

Like the great Fox Mulder, we all want to believe.

Per “Clyde Bruckman’s Final Repose”, even Mulder knew a phony psychic when he saw one.

6 Likes

It’s a real shame to see the post and all the hate. I’ve had a much different experience in my life.

Like anything else there are good and bad. It’s only with things that the masses can’t get their minds around/fear that we focus only on the negative examples.

So you won the lottery?

18 Likes

Clearly, you just can’t wrap your mind around… things for which there is no hard, scientific evidence…?

Big Brother Reaction GIF by Big Brother After Dark

15 Likes

Nah, its a complete crock of shit that hurts people.

13 Likes

I knew you were going to say that.

21 Likes

It’s like you’re reading my mind.

14 Likes

She-Ra 80S GIF

13 Likes

How many fingers am I holding up, Right Now…

10 Likes

Numbers GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

11 Likes

The people who use these tricks for good are called “magicians” or “illusionists” and are forthcoming about their status as professional entertainers rather than genuine mystics.

There is no “good” use case for manipulating people’s hopes and dreams to engage in fraud.

14 Likes

jaw-drop-omg

13 Likes

miss cleo infomercial GIF

Also… RIP Miss Cleo…

told you so agree GIF by Bounce

13 Likes

Roast in Purgatory?

8 Likes

How did you guess? You psychic?

Eugene Levy Shrug GIF by Vanity Fair

11 Likes

13 Likes

I’ve enjoyed a good show from a tarot card reader if it wasn’t spendy. But I also occasionally buy lottery tickets. Cheap entertainment.

12 Likes