Do you have negative ESP?

[Read the post]

2 Likes

Aren’t they just describing “bad luck”?

1 Like

I always thought the RandomNumberGod just had it in for me…but now I know that I was doing it to myself all this time!

Spectacular!

5 Likes

So, many people score ‘far higher’ than chance, many ‘far lower’ and many in middle…that would seem to indicate that probability is working just fine.

23 Likes

So THAT’S why I keep picking losing lottery numbers.

18 Likes

In a sense efforts like these are not describing bad luck so much as they are trying to measure the existence of what they speculate is the “force” of bad luck.

2 Likes

Ontologically, bad luck is even worse than ESP.

4 Likes

Well I don’t get any better results with letting the computer pick them either.

6 Likes

What’s the rule about headlines that are questions?

Yeah, that.

8 Likes

Your computer clearly has negative ESP. You should keep buying new ones until you get a good one.

6 Likes

So it isn’t when I psychically select the response that will turn out the worst for me?

1 Like

If so, Glen Runciter from the Prudence Organization has a lucrative employment offer for you.

It seems like a better description would be Extra-Sensory Klutziness.

4 Likes

And that’s why you should always use two-sided t-tests when you’re reducing your parapsychological data!

9 Likes

Its called being blitheringly unaware. Instead of an extra 6th Sense, your current 5 are dulled and you are clueless. I believe Ben Carson suffers from this condition.

6 Likes

Not sure if you’re joking, but just in case you aren’t: Statistics don’t really work that way. It would be totally possible to have an experiment where things regress to a mean but are still highly significant.

3 Likes

I find that testing psychic ability only is effective when it involves arbitrary use of electric shocks.

8 Likes

The 50’s were a great time to be a psychologist, especially if you were a bit sadistic.

6 Likes

I didn’t see that one coming.

7 Likes

Plus all you had to do is have a couple of weird shaped tubes full of bubbling colored liquid in your office and people believed every crackpot idea you said under the guise of doing SCIENCE!!!

5 Likes