Is there a new Jen Psaki in town? Her substitute perfectly played the part

Originally published at: Is there a new Jen Psaki in town? Her substitute perfectly played the part | Boing Boing

12 Likes

Ooh. What if she and the guys at Crooked Media established a news channel that’s the antithesis of Fox? Not propaganda, but well-researched and fact-checked truth that unapologetically dismantles media’s mealy-mouthed both-sideism. They’ve all worked together before and all have established excellent credentials both in policy/public service and media. Make it happen!

23 Likes

They tried to f’ with the substitute teacher, public spanking ensues to the delight of anyone that has a brain :brain:.

20 Likes

That would be nice, but that kind of news doesn’t sell well, unfortunately. People buy outrage, not facts.

8 Likes

Surely, if done properly, the facts should be outrageous enough on their own?

(The problem with the usual suspects isn’t just that they get people angry, it’s that they deliberately keep people angry at the wrong things.)

7 Likes

They can be, but I think the outrage generating aspect of news reporting is part of the problem.

3 Likes

Indeed. I don’t watch them, but I expect the Rachel Maddow and Keith Olbermann types say plenty of facts. But that doesn’t make the Fox-from-the-Left any better for our society.

1 Like

I wish they’d shuffle that reporter to the back. Related:

1 Like

I would argue that MSNBC (a) isn’t as bad on the left as Fox is on the right, and (b) MSNBC isn’t as far to the left as the right would have people believe. In other words, I disagree that they are as bad as Fox, just on the left. I will agree that, in the grand scheme of things, they are not a positive force in the universe.

8 Likes

She has potential for the permanent spot but first she has to do an entertaining takedown of Doocy with her own signature move (e.g Psaki’s smirk, Biden’s frankness about what a moron he is).

2 Likes

Seriously? Is there any big money backing that? Cuz I think that would take huge money…

3 Likes

They’re not as bad, and BECAUSE they’re not as bad they’re not an effective counterweight, and ultimately their contribution is to make the whole “partisan propaganda news” industry look more legitimate, which is not helpful

3 Likes

If you listen to the Q Anon Anonymous podcast (an anti-QAnon podcast), there is so much material for outrage. It would be great to see it in video form. Eg, I could watch Jordan Klepper interview cognitive-dissonant Trump/QAnon/Teabag conservatives all day.

1 Like

Thats for damn sure. They are after all another corporate-owned entity, and currently, they’re likely anxious to retain credibility with and access to Republican pols and apparatchiks because it looks like theyre going to retake Congress during the midterms.

Heather Cox Richardson explained as much about CBS last night, as well as some other good background on why all mainstream/corporate US media actually leans rightward.

6 Likes
3 Likes

In an America where juicy soundbites rule the day, it’s good for someone to just spit the brutal truth out in one quick sentence, and to phrase it in a way that slaps Trumpers in the face so they are momentarily stunned and can’t immediately come back with their whataboutisms.

5 Likes

your making me think its really not so hard to own these idiots.

2 Likes

A very handy chart with many different media properties covered.

4 Likes

'nuff said

1 Like

Came here for this. I refer to it often (and refer it to others). I’d say 95% accurate…my only concern is the overton window has shifted right on the overarching Left|Middle|Right definition in the US as well as the conversation. So as compared to (say) categroy definitions during my childhood in the 70s/80s, this whole chart would be a touch right-shift. Some of the peak would stay peak center (AP ftw) but others would shift (or even lurch).

1 Like