Jen Psaki cuts through the BS of a Newsmax "people say" question by pinning reporter down for a source

Originally published at: Jen Psaki cuts through the BS of a Newsmax "people say" question by pinning reporter down for a source | Boing Boing

22 Likes

she is just so great.

46 Likes

It’s Bernie Horowitz. It’s always Bernie Horowitz.

they

66 Likes

Now if she’ll only learn how to do “The Jackal”…

16 Likes

Jolly good cricket on her part, but what the hell is someone representing a hysterical, hyperventilating outlet like Newsmax even doing in that room?

47 Likes

I am so glad to see her pushback against the idiotic “people are saying” BS from the Dump Administration continues apace.

22 Likes

This is what I don’t get. There are a finite number of seats available in that room, and I’m sure there are plenty of legitimate news organizations who would love to have one. Why do they waste seats on the likes of this fraudulent “news” organization?

21 Likes

Oh, man when she brought up the Japanese PM it immediately brought to mind trump blathering on publicly about classified info to Shinzo Abe. I know it’s beneath Jen, but part of me wishes she had thrown that right back at her.

20 Likes

Maybe someone in the admin is thinking that helping with the rise of a Faux News competitor could further fragment the right? :woman_shrugging:

(Yes, straws I see, I will grasp at them!)

22 Likes

“People” = conservatives who hate Biden as a matter of party policy, so are promoting this idea that he’s feeble and out of touch.

Jen Psaki’s smile is more honest than anything that ever came out of the Trump administration.

24 Likes

Can’t smack 'em down if they’re not in the room

33 Likes

Absolutely!
TV Guide is more deserving of press credentials than newsmax.

12 Likes

The generic question for a response to “people who say” always reminds me of this exchange:

Kent Brockman: “Kent Brockman, Channel 6. How would you respond to people who say this kind of multiple birth is more suited to, say, a possum than a human being?”

Manjula Nahasapeemapetilon [ Gasps ]: “Who would say such a thing?”

Kent Brockman [ flustered ]: “Well… Pundits? Wags? I’m not the one on trial here!”

Apu: “No one is on trial. This is a joyous occasion for all.”

40 Likes

It’s amazing to see the return of a competent press secretary who can actually engage with the press, rather than a glorified (and inept) propagandist who won’t interact with anyone except other propagandists. Actual press briefings, and doing the actual job? It’s like ancient times, I swear.

28 Likes

I don’t buy that for one second.
They served T a salad?!?
Fake news.

13 Likes

I can’t figure out if :
A) She’s the most competent press secretary I have seen in my lifetime (45 years) other than on the West Wing
B) I have recency bias and she is good, but so were other pre-Trump secretaries
C) The level of journalistic ability in the press room has devolved to the point where any competent adult could run rings around these clowns

39 Likes

Newsmax is probably used to the Trump Rules of Evidence, one of which is, “If ‘many people are saying’ something, then what those unidentified people ‘are saying’ is established conclusively as true merely by virtue of the fact that numerous anonymous people are alleged to have said those things.”

(Comment 1 to this Rule is: “This Rule shall not apply when a Democrat is making the assertion.” But that’s the comment to all Trump Rules of Evidence.)

13 Likes

Trump gave them the seat. There’s a process to occupy those (which of course the previous administration didn’t bother to follow) that’s actually worth a read. Here’s the start of a chain of articles on the subject.

Simply booting them, regardless how correct it would be, would cause endless drama.

15 Likes

I’ll take option A. I’m not quite as old as you are but I still remember how vile and utterly full of shit Ari Fleischer was. It doesn’t hurt that he’s doubled down on the partisan twat role more recently.

7 Likes

Seriously, just get rid of the newsmax dipwad and give it to an extra correspondent from the christian science monitor or something.

5 Likes