Jen Psaki cuts through the BS of a Newsmax "people say" question by pinning reporter down for a source

Me: People are saying NewsMax seems to be out of its league here. How do you address that?

B: Who are these “people” exactly?

Me: What? Oh, me for sure. I was just being polite about it, but I’m sure I can get you a dozen more without leaving the room if you want me to.

28 Likes

I really hope Jen Psaki doesn’t leave after her 1-year contract/intended stint/whatever is up =x .

16 Likes

While I truly do appreciate the hard work Jen Psaki is doing against those Newsmax dolts, I gotta say I don’t come to this blog to exclusively watch CSPAN-2 clips.

1 Like

So skip the posts about CSPAN-2 clips.

37 Likes

“Top…people”

6 Likes

Don’t mess with Ms. Psaki. She’s the Annie Oakley of the press room.

17 Likes

Trump was also perfectly happy to start de novo rumors by saying “people are saying”. Since he probably said it, as well as a pr flack he ran it by half an hour ago, he’s more or less correct as the two of them are, technically, people.

6 Likes

It’s stretching the definition hard to consider trump a person.

Subhuman pile of excrement is generous.

Naked singularity of tainted id is more in line.

People have characteristics like empathy, and a conscience. Trump doesn’t have any of that.

11 Likes

Just read that she’s planning on retiring in a year.

I hope she’s training an apprentice right now.

5 Likes

It’s mystifying. How did they get their nose in the tent? Newsmax and OANN are like high school closed-circuit programs (a racist high school). And the partisanship is so unbelievably petty: eg, they both strictly adhere to consistent use of “Democrat” slur (eg, “Democrat party” instead of “Democratic party”).

I was auditing OANN’s The Real Story with Natalie Harp: she closes show with “Have a MAGA-nificient weekend!” and a 35-second Trump rally supercut of DJT dancing to “YMCA”. It’s like: What is this? How can this be so supine and not be self-parody?

8 Likes

This is correct – ultimately it is the White House Correspondents Association that assigns the seats, and Biden is honoring their decision to keep the kooks.

It is important to note that key mainstream press players in the WHCA are already chafing at Psaki more than they did at Trump’s people who literally tried to kill them by violating Covid safety rules. They are far more upset that they are facing someone sharper than them who makes them look bad (hello Peter Alexander of NBC) than they are by someone like Kayleigh McEnany who openly despises them and tried to get them killed.

The regular network correspondents are desperate for a stupid scandal to fill the airwaves. It doesn’t even have to come close to a ratings winner – despite what some cynics want to think, DC political reporters are too dumb to know a ratings winner if it was staring them in the face. They just want to prove their own worth by finding a hole in the armor, and if that means letting Qnn-friendly freaks keep their seat, so be it.

13 Likes

Fauci got sexiest man alive. Can we agree that Jen is the Psaksiest woman. Competence is sexy.

10 Likes

Newsmax and OANN should tell their pawns that once they see Psaki smile they should immediately run out of the room because they are about to be skewered. That smile is like a tripwire, if you see it it’s probably already too late. But being the dullards that they are they stand there like deer in the headlights.

18 Likes

She even looks a bit like C.J. Cregg.

3 Likes

the best way to combat these vile propagandists is with humor. Everybody needs to be laughing – all the time – at these anti-democracy unAmerican Big Lie-telling zombies.

3 Likes

Given that the last administration’s “press conference” were heated attacks around the ‘fake news’ media, I think this is a great strategy to allow the far right into the room and calmly engage with and dismantle their rhetoric.

Full disclosure, Jen Psaki is my new hero.

12 Likes

Maybe just for the entertainment value?

1 Like

What you did there? I see it. And it deserves a round of applause! :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

1 Like

It’s B)

I’m constantly amazed that she is so celebrated. All she does is what press secretaries all over the world do on a daily basis. The only difference is that she’s being compared to the worst of the worst. I’m sure previous government spoxes in the US were competent as well.

Now, don’t get me wrong: she’s doing a great job, but so do others at the highest levels of their respective governments. They are professionals at the peak of their careers after all.

6 Likes

Iceberg lettuce isn’t a food, it’s a building material.

Change my mind.

9 Likes