This is what we love about Jen Psaki, in a nutshell

Originally published at: This is what we love about Jen Psaki, in a nutshell | Boing Boing

12 Likes

It’s an indicator of her professionalism that she only smiled instead of laughing out loud (like I would have) after he started his question with the phrase “A headline from the New York Post”.

50 Likes

Or offered a ton of insults and condescension as would’ve been the insult the prior 4 years.

20 Likes

Thank god the Weekly World News isn’t on every newsstand anymore.

"Can you comment on The Evil One showing approval for Joe Biden's far left agenda?"

21 Likes

DeSantis is on the side of the virus.

23 Likes

When will they learn that the moment Ms. Psaki flashes that predatory smile, they should immediately say “I retract my question?”

(fwiw: I love that smile, the tell that she’s about to give a well deserved smack down.)

34 Likes

Right?

“Please proceed, reporter.”

24 Likes

She’s awesome. I know in the England we have our issues, some not as heavy but I would love a spokesperson like her to cut through the crap. Unfortunately: Boris.

12 Likes

Maga variant loving Ron Death Sentence!

14 Likes

If you like Jen Psaki go to the white house youtube and give her some thumbs up. The press briefing consistently gets 12k+ viewers. Without fail almost every one since Biden took office has 2000 down votes with only 200 up votes.

17 Likes

Yeah. Allegra Stratton used to give the impression of being a fairly trustworthy journalist back in the days when she worked for The Guardian - or even when she worked for the BBC, later. Now? Just another shill for the raging blob of narcissism that passes for our prime minister.

4 Likes

Gotta wholeheartedly disagree with you there. Not least because I’d like to hear the reporters start their question by quoting the WWN. But mainly because I miss Ed Anger’s My America and Dear Dotti.

9 Likes

Damn, it takes a special kind of stupid to cite a clickbait article with a slanted title from the NY fuckin’ Post as the source for a question to ask the press secretary…

20 Likes

I’m told by Trump supporters that the plethora of downvotes is all the evidence you need to know that Trump won the election because Biden can’t muster a team of sycophants to obsessively upvote all his media.

11 Likes

Yes, she dispatched that reporter with haste, but once I’d just like to see her roll her eyes and mutter “asshole” before she calls “next”.

5 Likes

It couldn’t possibly be that YouTube, just like FuckedBook and Twitter, is overrun with trolls and bots…

22 Likes

Her hiring as press secretary is a lesson in politics for the Democrats. Before Trump, you never would have seen someone as press secretary for the Dems with her demeanor–unafraid to be combative, taking questions and turning things around on reporters, etc. Though Obama could sure have used someone with her style. Instead, they waited until the GOP press secretaries became so vile and obnoxious that they had to finally go with someone and give her the green light to dispense with some of the “niceties” that the Dems always abided by, even when reporters were basically flinging shit.

Basically, they waited until Trump had destroyed all norms with the position to even start fighting back a little bit. They needed Trump to give them permission to have a Psaki, which is sad. And it’s like that in a lot of areas where Dems are afraid to fight until things get uncontrollably bad.

17 Likes

I really like her no-nonsense manner. She does her job with aplomb and grace.

10 Likes

Hello!

“Bat Boy”

That’s all I need to love the Weekly World News.

12 Likes

Whoda thunk he’d turn out to be bisexual!

10 Likes