Watch: Jen Psaki chokes up as she congratulates her replacement, Karine Jean-Pierre

Originally published at: Watch: Jen Psaki chokes up as she congratulates her replacement, Karine Jean-Pierre | Boing Boing

15 Likes

It’s refreshing to see someone resigning from that position while they’re still at the top of their game instead of an embittered husk of a human being who no longer has any respect for themselves, the press, or the concept of objective truth.

35 Likes

The Fox nuts are going to go completely insane. That’s a good thing.

18 Likes

If we can keep this kind of thing going, just please and thank you to Biden Co.

Bonus that the GQP’ers are choking on there hate for a fellow American(s).

21 Likes

Go, Psaki! Go, Karine!
I can’t wait to see what she does with it!
This is an awesome milestone.
Long time coming.

22 Likes

So what’s the over/under on Jen Psaki filling that recently opened tuesday-friday gap in the Rachel Maddow hour? (“All we know for sure is that 97% of the pundits are absolutely certain that it won’t happen or certainly will”)

5 Likes

Cheer Applause GIF by Peanuts

9 Likes

Finally, some diverse voices can begin to defend Biden for not doing any of the executive orders he promised in his campaign.

3 Likes

You realize that outside of this particular blog, she’s been defending Biden for the bad things he does too, right?

2 Likes

I’m so sorry about this, Carla - I know how hard this must be for you.

I remain in awe of Jennifer Rene Psaki (and Jean-Pierre as well, when she “guest-hosted”). Even Obama’s people didnt have the quality of Psaki/JP. Jay Carney, Josh Earnest, Robert Gibbs: they just didn’t seem comfortable in the job (Gibbs in particular).

Meanwhile, from Day 1, Psaki seemed like she’d been doing it all her life. Even her putative “adversaries” will concede that, yeah, she’s the best. Also, she handled the publicity about herself with aplomb and correctly; that is, she didnt pay any real attention to it. A true rock star.

6 Likes

She’s been by FAR the best press secretary I can remember, and I’m not young. I can remember some of them going back to Reagan, and none left a lasting impression other than the ones who lied through their teeth for the moronic president we just ditched. Jen channeled all the best parts of CJ from the West Wing, and did it better for it being real and not fiction. I only wish Biden could channel Martin Sheen. Alas…

10 Likes

Why’s that?

5 Likes

Stop lying, there is no “outdoors”.

9 Likes

These are two fantastic professionals. I’ve been a fan of Jean-Pierre since her appearances on the PBS Newshour years ago. She’s going to do great. It’s also nice seeing these two together in the video, and though Jen was reading prepared comments about Karine (probably in order to keep it together emotionally), it’s clear that they are friends as well as colleagues, behaving like two real humans in the otherwise artificial pressure cooker of White House politics and media. All the best to them.

3 Likes

Jen Psaki has been incredibly refreshing and intelligent.
All the best to Karine Jean-Pierre

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.