Follow-up

10 Likes

I searched for legislation on building inspections proposed in FL and other states after this happened. So far, none has been passed.

The National Institute of Standards and Technology is still investigating what caused the 13-story, 135-unit building to partially crumble in the middle of the night, a review that could take years.

State legislatures seem to be leaving safety concerns to the private sector - requirements imposed by mortgage lenders, insurance companies, and condo industry groups.

11 Likes

update to this post … this guy gets around.

5 Likes
5 Likes
10 Likes

from this thread

7 Likes

Went into Seattle the other day and inspired by the post from last week, we took the Union Street exit.

Look what I saw from the car window:

Enhance:

No, a little to the right. Enhance:

(I wasn’t driving, by the way.)

14 Likes

Aha! The watchers have become the watched!

8 Likes

Weird…

Also, did you come off the exit like this?

Speeding Fast And Furious GIF by The Fast Saga

15 Likes

Less Tokyo Drift…. more Initial D.

6 Likes

Needs more smoke

ford loop GIF by ADWEEK

6 Likes
4 Likes

That slippery slope reminds me of the one in “Ya Got Trouble” from the Music Man.

4 Likes

River City did have it’s troubles with a capital “T” and I won’t even mention what that rhymes with.

Me Me Me Fainting GIF by Archie Comics

3 Likes

Look what’s happening again. This time in the heat, not the cold.

10 Likes

Maybe the blockchain can help. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

John Oliver did a great report about utility companies, why services are so expensive while maintenance is neglected, why some are hindering adoption of alternative energy sources, and how much impact all that is having on customers and the environment:

9 Likes

Happy Cake Day!!!

9 Likes

Thanks! :yum:

Birthday Girl Reaction GIF by TLC

11 Likes

I want to recreate that for my birthday. I don’t even care if I’m topless, I just want to have that level of carefree attitude for at least 5 minutes.

10 Likes