Follow-up

According to the Advocate in an earlier story:

“I remember asking him if this was one of the gay men that he’d bashed, and he said, ‘Oh, that girly-looking poofter,’” Helen White said in testimony to the court, ABC News reports. She that White “quite often bragged about bashing poofters.”

She confronted him again about the murder in 2008 after seeing an article on Johnson.

“I saw the article and the picture and I just asked him, ‘Did you do this?’”

She told the court he replied, “The only good poofter is a dead poofter.”
—-

“The cliffs surrounding the greater Sydney area were popular both with members of the gay community looking to hook up during the 1970s and ’80s and also with homophobic groups of men and youth who would assault and often murder gay men, throwing them or forcing them to leap from the cliffs onto the rocks below. As many as 80 gay men were killed in the area during the period, and police often refused to investigate, ruling the murders as death by suicide instead.“

7 Likes
9 Likes

60 days out of a possible 1.5 years?
Seriously GIF by Debby Ryan

10 Likes

Couldn’t they have just left him taped to the seat?

7 Likes

Follow up to this :

3 Likes
5 Likes

This explains a lot…

Maybe people need to stop hiring this “security” company, since they seem singularly bad at their job.

12 Likes
9 Likes
9 Likes

The cop who went on the run with an inmate has died…

9 Likes

corrections cop knows exactly what would be waiting for her on the other side of the bars?
yeah. tops herself instead.
that should tell us all something, hmm?

9 Likes

More on Clearview AI cases:

9 Likes
11 Likes
8 Likes
10 Likes

I searched for legislation on building inspections proposed in FL and other states after this happened. So far, none has been passed.

The National Institute of Standards and Technology is still investigating what caused the 13-story, 135-unit building to partially crumble in the middle of the night, a review that could take years.

State legislatures seem to be leaving safety concerns to the private sector - requirements imposed by mortgage lenders, insurance companies, and condo industry groups.

11 Likes

update to this post … this guy gets around.

5 Likes
5 Likes
10 Likes

from this thread

7 Likes