Marjorie Taylor Greene displays profound memory loss with long string of "I don't remembers"

Originally published at: Marjorie Taylor Greene displays profound memory loss with long string of "I don't remembers" | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Ugh, here we go again.

Okay, so she’s clearly lying about things she must remember, but is that the best her accusers got? I mean, her accusers can’t prove that she actually can remember something she claims she doesn’t, right?

I’m still waiting for evidence of something more damning that definitely demonstrates she should not be allowed to run for office again.

26 Likes

…[S]hould someone with such acute memory loss be able to run again…?

I’ve been repeatedly asking that question at least since the iran-contra hearings.

All the “I don’t remember,” BS must cease to be an escape for these lying, cheating bastards.

36 Likes

Her testimony is not the only evidence. There is video and Twitter, and testimony from others. She can forget stuff, but it’s too late to erase it. I wish I could see the future on this one.

14 Likes

i refuse to watch even a millisecond of her, but Patton Oswalt said on twitter that her blink rate was through the roof, and we all know how that correlates to, you know, knowingly lying.

25 Likes

I keep waiting for her to say “Cash me outside howbow dah”

9 Likes

“Sir do you know how fast you were going?”

“No, I honestly can’t recall.”

“Well, ok then.”

Man, wouldn’t life be grand if only the rest of us could pull off such expert memory management skills.

35 Likes

A “memory” nursing home may be in Margies future, she got the “forgets” something fierce.

8 Likes

Wait a minute, her memory is coming back. She remembers tweets if they are in her favor and she remembers it was her and not her staff doing the tweets.

8 Likes

Seems all they have is the same thing a 6 year old could get after of hour of Googling the interwebs.

2 Likes

The next time she rants about Joe Biden’s failing mind I hope someone reminds her of today’s performance.

27 Likes

Good rundown of the basics of this court case here:

16 Likes

Yeah I respect people for trying and for caring but personally I don’t wanna hear shit unless this vile [redacted] gets prosecuted.

17 Likes

The lawyer explained early on they were prevented from discovery or using subpoenas. Something to do with her lawyers objecting due to time constraints.

It came up when her attorney objected to not having original video.

The other lawyer said her lawyer can’t object when it was them that prevented him from getting evidence.

I wonder if after this hearing the transcript will be scrutinized looking for possible perjury.

21 Likes

What was the point of going forward with this then? Damn this shit makes me mad.

14 Likes
6 Likes
4 Likes

I’m not a doctor, but it sounds like she’s suffering from an acute case of Reaganitis.

13 Likes

The judge is allowed to make his own judgment as to whether she’s lying her ass off. The smirks don’t help her case.

ETA: why didn’t the plaintiffs follow up the Pelosi gotcha with something along the lines of: “Before we present further video, audio, and written evidence of what you have asserted about the election and the events of Jan 6, is there anything else you’ve lied about remembering during your testimony today?”

30 Likes

“You said in the video on your Facebook page that the peaceful transfer of power ought not be allowed to occur,” Celli said.

“I don’t recall,” Greene replied.

“You said the peaceful transfer of power should not be allowed to occur because [Biden] did not win the 2020 election, correct?” he asked again

“I don’t recall,” Greene again replied.

Celli then played the court a video of Greene saying exactly that.

33 Likes