Marjorie Taylor Greene denied saying Nancy Pelosi is a traitor — until "exhibit 5" was shown

Originally published at: Marjorie Taylor Greene denied saying Nancy Pelosi is a traitor — until "exhibit 5" was shown | Boing Boing

17 Likes

26 Likes

I will lie and deny until, oh wait video evidence? How do we know this wasn’t doctored!? /srcsm

39 Likes

I think we all saw this coming.

31 Likes

That’s not sarcasm, she actually said if it came from CNN she can’t be sure that’s what she said.

24 Likes

Someone should tell this lying sac of shit to wipe that fucking smirk off her lying face.

21 Likes

The impish smile on her face is the kind of smile my kids used to display when they were 5 or 6 years old, and would get caught deliberately pulling some prank that everyone wanted to take seriously, but knew was funny. Like, “who at the frosting off the cake?”

Except MGT exists in the body of an adult. So that whole “hahaha, I got caught in a funny” isn’t funny.

20 Likes

“I do not recall…” - Ronald Reagan, Iran Contra hearings, at least 18 times.

24 Likes

In fairness we did later learn Reagan was suffering the early effects of Alzheimer’s disease while in office so it’s not entirely implausible he was telling the truth.

19 Likes

Yeah well, from what I’ve seen the whole effort so far to demonstrate that she isn’t fit to run again isn’t going well so far, so that smirk may just be a sign of her growing and realistic conviction that she’s just going to emerge stronger than ever from this.

And yeah, she obviously is lying repeatedly when she says she can’t remember something, but “having a bad memory” isn’t a charge that’s going to hurt her either.

17 Likes

"I can neither confirm nor deny" Glomar response, or Glomar denial, used by GOV d-bags in the US.

9 Likes

I have NEVER heard any Republican acknowledge that Reagan suffered any symptoms while President. Their official position is that the onset of Alzheimer’s began after he left office.

13 Likes

Widely believed to be utter bullshit.

21 Likes

Like Marge’s statements today.

Bullshit Supreme.

10 Likes

One of MTG’s lawyers also represents ■■■■■ and claims a conversation with him as privileged???

6 Likes

But boy did she light up when his name came up.

5 Likes

Yup. Most of the media was too deferential to bring it up at the time but there are still contemporaneous articles about how Reagan had a habit of falling asleep during meetings along with other signs of physical and mental decline.

The New Republic was even more direct, running a headline in 1987 asking “Is Reagan Senile?”

12 Likes

All she knows is they were told antifa, dressed as trump supporters, was storming the capitol and she was not allowed to leave.

7 Likes

Inquisitor’s thought bubble: damn, I thought this might be harder. This is like playing chess with a 3 year old!

7 Likes

Matt Gaetz is one of her council front and center, a known pedophile/scumbag under investigation/indictment himself, nice optics Marg…

9 Likes