Follow-up

Everyone predicted.

15 Likes

If I lived in Florida, you bet your ass I’d be doing that.

This year has made me so glad my parents moved to Canada when I was a child, but I kinda wish I’d kept my US citizenship so I could vote against these ghouls.

8 Likes

Did you formally renounce your citizenship? If not- you still got it.

2 Likes

Yep. Paid the blood price at the consulate to get rid of it. I never plan to live in the US and I don’t want to be bothered dealing with all the crap the US imposes on expats.

8 Likes
6 Likes

Queen Official is showing that Freddie Mercury tribute concert in it’s entirety for the next 48 hours. It’s excellent quality.

6 Likes
5 Likes

@Otherbrother, because i had to look…

project implicit is a harvard sponsored nonprofit that consults on with implicit bias in organizations and education. they built a test to (try to) measure biases [ see vox’s piece below for why it works better in the aggregate than at an individual level ]

they did a big public internet study, and that’s where the graph is likely pulled from… though i wasn’t able to quickly find the textbook :slight_smile:

This data archive includes Race Implicit Association Test (IAT) scores of 2,355,303 Internet volunteers who completed educational/demonstration versions of the Race IAT at https://implicit.harvard.edu from 2002 to 2012.

vox had a fairly big piece on it about five years ago:

it probably had big academic buzz at the time, and i’d guess is when it got added to the textbook

4 Likes
11 Likes

Now this is some bullshit.

3 Likes
11 Likes

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

6 Likes
10 Likes

Updates on Brittney Griner & Paul Whelan also.

5 Likes
5 Likes
8 Likes

ZX Spectrum: Q&A with some of the folks who worked on legendary PC

2 Likes

Netflix making a bad situation worse:

10 Likes
2 Likes