Jen Psaki on when a re-tweet is just a re-tweet

Originally published at: Jen Psaki on when a re-tweet is just a re-tweet | Boing Boing

4 Likes

1 2 3 the cue up the Psaki haters!

8 Likes

4 5 6 cue up the Psaki fan club!

13 Likes

Oh nooooo, how is someone supposed to score self-righteousness points if one can’t read the most sinister of all possible motives into any innocuous action?

2 Likes

Free Beer Vaccinations GIF by GIPHY News

13 Likes

7 8 9 I dunno man, this Psaki seems like, you know, a competent functionary. And I can see how that is refreshing compared to certain alternatives people may have been recently traumatised by. But she’s still a professional propagandist; why would I root for her to succeed at that?

(Bearing in mind that CJ is a fictional character, who exists within a neoliberal hellscape forged deep inside Aaron Sorkin)

4 Likes

Got my vote! Can she move to Canada?

1 Like

Because she’s more honest than most? Especially when compared to the most recent holders of her position.

Progress is rarely made in great leaps.

4 Likes

yeah, she definitely has an easier job on that front than her direct predecessors. biden isn’t asking her to lie, nor is biden himself lying on a regular basis.

( oto she has a harder job i think than most because fox news, etc seem to like to take potshots at her )

i generally connect “propaganda” to falsehoods and trying to deliberately deceive people - and she doesn’t seem to be walking down that path to me

4 Likes

Weird shit, eh?

The last few years have taken their toll.

5 Likes

ETA: Man, I can be vague. To clarify (if necessary), it’s strange that it’s strange that your president isn’t lying all the time.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.