CBS reporter tries to trip up Press Secretary Jen Psaki with dishonest question and fails miserably

Originally published at: CBS reporter tries to trip up Press Secretary Jen Psaki with dishonest question and fails miserably | Boing Boing

18 Likes

Cquote1.svg22x17 Hacker: If he does say that lots of people want to know the answer to that question, say, “Name six.” That’ll fix him. He’ll never be able to remember more than two.

39 Likes

tumblr_785f252547747d3b2bcc8a5a6c997695_2820f0f5_400

43 Likes

What a weird question. “A lot of Americans are saying the sky is purple. Does the administration take any accountability?” I would hope that either the first part would be factually true or the response would be to the people holding or spreading false beliefs.

25 Likes

Given Weijia Jiang’s contentious interactions with Toadstool, I’m a little surprised to see her spouting his xenophobic talking points as the basis for her question. Especially since his racist rhetoric against her birth country has inflamed the worst epidemic of anti-Asian hate crimes in living memory.

Anyway, that was a fine clapback.

48 Likes

Whoa, laundering a Trump quote by framing it with “Americans say” (which is inexcusably weaselly enough on its own), is the kind of egregious bullshit I’d expect from one of the right-wing propaganda outlets like OAN, not someone even pretending to be a journalist.

61 Likes

Here’s another way to imagine this exchange:

“A lot of Americans are saying the snow that fell on Texas last week is some kind of fake government generated snow, how does this administration respond to these concerns?”

“We don’t take our advice or counsel from f$%king morons.”

43 Likes

The question was awkward and almost cheeky with, “A lot of Americans are saying.” I don’t follow these that closely. Could she have been pushed to ask that question by a peer or supervisor?

10 Likes

Holy crap, did they have to send her to a trauma ward after that burn?

This was the Q&A version of this famed interaction:
(warning, contains explicit violence, so don’t watch it if you don’t want to see any)

7 Likes

Psaki is a real tonic over the parade of lying and bumbling grotesques who held her title during the former regime. With a comeback like that I almost hope the careerists in the room keep trying to trip her up.

49 Likes

I had the same thought. But she did say I know you don’t want to hear this, which doesn’t quite sound cajoled to my ear. That said, she seemed to get slightly anxious when pressed on who was saying it and I had the sense of someone who was barreling headlong into a not great decision. Just my impression and could be mistaken.

22 Likes

No six inch thick indexed three ring binder full of bullshit propaganda for Jen.

Sharp as a tack.

27 Likes

After years of dealing with Trump’s sock puppets, it must be a bit of a shock for “journalists” to deal with a real, live professional.

I guess that, in a manner of speaking, “Many Americans are asking…”; they just happen to be the type of Americans who believe the crap that slops out of Trump’s face hole.

31 Likes

This was not a hard question. Any competent PR exec or CEO could stomp this. The reason it’s novel is that for four years, the people running the United States couldn’t provide the level of competency found running a regional pizza chain.

34 Likes

She’s from CBS. That’s the most conservative of the historic big three networks - always has been.

22 Likes

CBS better make a pivot, the bottom’s dropping out of rock bottom.

20 Likes

CBS who?

Asking for a cable cutter.

10 Likes

“Defeated former president critical of new president’s policies.”

Oh, yeah, that’s a helluva story right there.

13 Likes

Even so, this seems like something anyone with even journalistic pretenses wouldn’t do…

8 Likes

People are saying means people I agree with are agreeing.

6 Likes