CBS reporter tries to trip up Press Secretary Jen Psaki with dishonest question and fails miserably

Psaki has been a total rock star, from day one.
She’s not just good. (And anyone with a non-partisan pulse would look good compared to the clown-car parade of the last administration.) She’s going to be one of the greats.

18 Likes

That was a thing of beauty.

15 Likes

She shoulda:
InbornUnhappyDodo-max-1mb

4 Likes

Noice!

3 Likes

Um, it’s actually one of the less weird/bad faith/misleading questions asked by an OAN reporter. At best, Chanel Rion is cosplaying a reporter. However, her consistent bad faith record strongly suggests that she’s simply a propagandist. There’s not much defense for what she does. She (and OAN) take advantage of various government institutions (and workers!) who are largely operating in good faith and for the public good to wreak havoc on public policy and make money.

OAN gets ignored by most respectable reporters for the rather obvious reason that they don’t tell the truth. You’ll see some right wingers try to defend OAN. Free press! Liberal journalists have view points! OAN has to be somewhat performative beyond journalism because all other reporters (except far right reporters) are wrong and the system is biased against OAN. Etc. These kinds of arguments are silly, at best. It’s not hard to see why. Take a look at OAN’s actual reporting from, say, a few months ago and compare it to reality. They aren’t just wrong. Every time they lean on “Trust us, we are journalists!” they dig a deeper hole. It’s bad faith all the way down.

7 Likes

It’s actually even worse than that:
"“A lot of Americans are saying the snow that fell on Texas last week is some kind of fake government generated snow, does the administration take any accountability for what’s happening?”

The cleverness of saying “what’s happening” is this is that she either insinuates that the administration really did fake the snow or just be referring to the rumours about it. Both could potentially be the administration’s responsibility and as such it becomes a technically valid question.

7 Likes

A lot of Americans, and other citizens of earth, have been questioning a certain journalist’s life choices, and I for one wonder if she can consider a change of career.

5 Likes

Jen Psaki is the CJ Cregg I’ve always wanted.

11 Likes

Person, camera, woman, man, TV. There’s five. And Trump, six.

8 Likes

But no bonus points since you didn’t get them in order. Don’t worry, nobody does…except the old stable genius. :wink:

7 Likes

Excellent come-back. In the UK it would be termed an “up yours”! Very politely done, though. Reporter has slightly twisted one of Trump’s favourite sayings, i.e. “A lot of people are saying XYZ”, which sort-of shifts the quote off his shoulders. Just who are these “people” who are unhappy about just about everything - especially alleged voter fraud!

6 Likes

Weak. CBS is one of the few things practically everyone can get without cable or streaming.

But why?

1 Like

Like a real life C.J. Cregg. (Minus Allison Janney’s significant stature.)

4 Likes
  1. Most people over 40 love to watch NCIS for some reason.

2. I’ve had a years-long crush on Weijia Jiang, despite the occasional dipshit question.

3. That’s the station Jeopardy! is on here.

And just like on West Wing, she’s better at her job than the President she works for. Joe Biden is the frog in the frog and scorpion story.

2 Likes
8 Likes

She also could’ve been lopping Psaki a softball. As in “fer chrissakes, I’m tired of being pressured to ask this, so could you please shoot it down for me?”

1 Like

This was kind of my thought. Anyone who’s Press Secretary for the President ought to be able to immediately respond to a vague ludicrous statement like that. Methinks some of the press corps have gotten a bit dulled over the past few years…

4 Likes

well said, but no more pizza for you.

2 Likes